Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
41 - 47 of 47 Posts

Registered
I took a lot tips from this forum and did the same. Wider Yokohama Geolandar G015 all terrain tyres and a mild lift. We take ours off road a fair bit and I've found the limits of the car too. Even with the one inch lift the clearance is appalling, I have a rock sized dent on my oil pan to prove it. 馃槀 Also, the CVT/computer just won't let the car put power to the ground to get over more challenging rock steps.

Having said that, for the money and fact that I use this car to ferry kids to school on every other day that it's not off-road it's a pretty decent bit of kit. When I bought the car, I never intended that I would be out camping or off roading this much. Just started replacing things as I needed. E.G. The rear springs sagged so I replaced all four with lifted heavier duty King springs.

Registered
Nice, I am in the market for a roof rack. Could you share the detail about yours. I looked at the rhino rack and yokohama platform, but size are not really matching. Too narrow or too wide. First time I see a "titan" ? Thanks

Registered
The roof rack is a Rola Titan 1500x1200mm which fits perfectly. It doesn't cover the sunroof either. I used a low mount rail system so the tray sits as low as possible.

Expensive, but it's been one of the best investments with all the travel we do with the pathfinder. I used the roof rack to mount the side awning, as well as extra lights for the front and sides. The full size spare wheel goes on the roof too, I can't hope to rely on the space saver if I'm towing or in the middle of nowhere.

Registered
I took a lot tips from this forum and did the same. Wider Yokohama Geolandar G015 all terrain tyres and a mild lift. We take ours off road a fair bit and I've found the limits of the car too. Even with the one inch lift the clearance is appalling, I have a rock sized dent on my oil pan to prove it. 馃槀 Also, the CVT/computer just won't let the car put power to the ground to get over more challenging rock steps.

Having said that, for the money and fact that I use this car to ferry kids to school on every other day that it's not off-road it's a pretty decent bit of kit. When I bought the car, I never intended that I would be out camping or off roading this much. Just started replacing things as I needed. E.G. The rear springs sagged so I replaced all four with lifted heavier duty King springs.
I too am looking at replacing the springs with something more stout and to gain a little clearance.
Would you mind sharing the tire specs you were able to get under the pf after the lift?
Do you like them? How is the ride with the stiffer springs/tires? Mileage?
Sorry for all the questions, appreciate any info you are willing to share.

Thanks,
jcc

Registered
2019 Pathfinder S
41 - 47 of 47 Posts