Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
put a tuxedo on a pig, its still a pig.....That's almost as bad as putting huge spoilers and beer can mufflers on little Honda's to make them look like they are fast lol

·
Administrator
2015 Pathfinder SL - Tech 4WD
3,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
...in other words, a poser off-road vehicle? :laughing:

Exactly. No matter how many add-ons we put on our PFs they will never be off-road vehicles but someone might be able to make it look like one.

I've seen many good and bad transformations, good ones (seen in auto shows) sometimes end being launched as new models depending on how the public reacts the them.
Here are a few examples of factory ones:

·
Registered
221 Posts
Somebody should photoshop that...6 inch lift, 35 inch Mickey Thompson tires, fender flares, off road bumpers front and rear, snorkel.

·
Registered
50 Posts
The replies seem a little harsh. Coming from a lifted Jeep guy for the past 10 years, modifying a vehicle to match a look isn't new. If they sold a 1" spacer lift for my pathfinder, I would take it in a heart beat. Now we all know this wont handle much outside dirt roads but don't kill a dream.

·
Registered
221 Posts
The replies seem a little harsh. Coming from a lifted Jeep guy for the past 10 years, modifying a vehicle to match a look isn't new. If they sold a 1" spacer lift for my pathfinder, I would take it in a heart beat. Now we all know this wont handle much outside dirt roads but don't kill a dream.
Bilstein should make their 5100 series shocks for the PF. Every 2WD truck I have owned, I have lifted 2-3 inches. Our streets flood whenever we get a heavy rain...like an afternoon thunderstorm. I have always liked the extra ground clearance. I wouldn't mind an extra inch either.

I wouldn't mind an extra inch either.
I know...thats what she said!!
:sFun_crazydance:

·
Registered
276 Posts
I bet if this was a Jeep forum and someone said " I would love to see someone slam a Jeep to the floor and put 24 inch spinning rims on it" that post would get some harsh comments as well. Some types of vehicles offer themselves to certain looks and some don't. For me, its like the guys that buy a V6 mustang/camaro and spend tons of $$$ on go fast parts on it...why didn't you use that extra money and just buy the V8?

Reactions: cwa107

·
Administrator
3,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I bet if this was a Jeep forum and someone said " I would love to see someone slam a Jeep to the floor and put 24 inch spinning rims on it" that post would get some harsh comments as well. Some types of vehicles offer themselves to certain looks and some don't. For me, its like the guys that buy a V6 mustang/camaro and spend tons of $$$ on go fast parts on it...why didn't you use that extra money and just buy the V8?

I think when it comes to looks, SUVs and CUVs are in between the sport and the rough off road look, and someone creative can make them look good either way. You are going to the extremes, a Wrangler with low profile tires and spoilers will look as bad as a lifted Porsche.
Look at the pics I posted, do you think those conversions look bad? I'd buy ten times the roughed versions over the standard ones although I know those vehicles should stay on a paved road.

The V6 vs. V8 analogy doesn't apply here as there are no factory off-road look packages available.
What's wrong with wanting the comfort and amenities of an urban SUV/CUV with an off road look? Many people here have gone to 22 inch wheels, does that mean they are trying to make it look like a race car? No, it's a matter of taste an preference and this world would be too boring if we all had the same.
Now, do I want to give my PF and off road look? I don't know, but the purpose of the post is precisely to get to see how one would look like.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I just recently posted information about the Gabriel Ultra Shocks and Struts I purchased for my 2013 to replace the OEM saggies.
Also, since I tow an ultralight TT, I also added Firestone airbags to the rear, and replaced my Conti's with Cooper Discoverer AT3 (265/70-R18). Wicked good ride now and no rubbing when I turn either.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Cooper Discoverer AT3 (265/70-R18). Wicked good ride now and no rubbing when I turn either.
Any pictures you can pass on? From Googled photos they look a little aggressive for me and my Walmart loving Pathy.:D

Reactions: jjv

·
Registered
104 Posts
Any pictures you can pass on? From Googled photos they look a little aggressive for me and my Walmart loving Pathy.:D
Love these Coopers; quiet, and tracks nice and straight and no rubbing when turning (265/60-R18). Actually with the 60 height profile, it is a tad lower than OEM, but unnoticeable.

Attachments

·
Registered
221 Posts
Love these Coopers; quiet, and tracks nice and straight and no rubbing when turning (265/60-R18). Actually with the 60 height profile, it is a tad lower than OEM, but unnoticeable.
How is your mpg's...any difference?

·
Administrator
3,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That's what I was looking for, thanks for sharing.
Any chance you can share some more pics? Maybe not so close?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I believe the our body of Pathfinders could look a little beefier with some nice A/T tires such as the Cooper's in a earlier post or even some Duratrac's plus a little lift, and definitely aftermarket off-road styled rims. However the aerodynamics and the independent suspension kill many options (the CV axles are only long enough for the current amount of suspension travel). Even with a spacer lift there are many other supporting items needed for the vehicle to handle correctly (maybe ABS and traction control issues), it's not worth injuring yourself or others.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts