Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

Yellow Dashboard Light

6K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  Wolfhound281 
#1 ·
There is a yellow 1/4" light to the right of the RPM dial that constantly glows. Sales and service cannot tell me
what it is. Just bought this vehicle this AM. Does anybody know?

#6 ·
Thanks so much, @DRK-PTHFNDR, for lending your support and input. As for a picture or video, I will leave that to either @roscoe52 and/or @jcerreto, as they are the ones that posted about this particular light/lamp on the dashboard. If they can, that might help to figure this out.
I hadn't seen it, I just chimed in.
However, I am glad you posted the graphics from the manual. Why - you ask? Because when my car was new, I do recall seeing the graphic from both the first chart (3rd column, 2nd row down), and the fourth chart (2nd column, 2nd row down). The explanation is "Automatic Emergency Braking (AEB) with Pedestrian Detection system warning light (if so equipped).
I saw this warning and had no idea what it was. When I looked it up, I found the above explanation. I know I did not do anything other than restart the car (as a reset), and the message didn't recur but one more time. So, as I recall, I saw it twice, in total, and it has never returned. I wonder if there was something with the rain or dirty obstructing the sensors, but don't know for certain - just a guess.
It has not reappeared at all. One less thing to worry about!!

#9 ·
Do not think thats it because when I drove home my new PF from dealer it was cold, dark and raining around 7pm and the yellow globe was lit for a short time then it went out ? got me baffled. Strange that Nissan service techs dont even know what it is. The mystery continues,,,,

#10 ·
I hear you, but I believe it's tied to the Sirius XM Weather setting. Is your Sirius XM subscription active? If so, on your infotainment head unit, navigate to Home>Info >Sirius XM Weather and check the settings. When my Sirius XM subscription was active, it was spotty at best the display of the weather icon in that area. Check to see if the location setting for weather (assuming there's one) is correct. I can't check it on mine as my subscription expired.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.