Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many of you renewed, or are are renewing your XM/Sirius subscription after the 3 month trial period is over ?
Although I like a lot of what they offer, it's too expensive and such a pain in the ass when its time to renew. I've been through all the price haggling before with CSRs concerning my wife's XM/Sirius radio account. Its too time consuming and the end result is just not worth it. I refuse to pay more for satellite radio than cable TV...just not going to happen.
I don't know about the rest of you, but I can put my time and $150 a year to better use.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Call them, tell them your willing to pay year in advanced and ask for current specials. I got year for little over $70.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I renewed mine for an additional 3 months after the trial. So far I like it. We will see if that changes when I start paying for it.

·
Registered
233 Posts
We had the lifetime subscription in our previous vehicle and XM let us transfer it for $75. If you think you'll keep it for at least 3 years then the lifetime is worth it. We do alot of traveling tho so we use it quite a bit.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Renewed ours for another 6 months. We weren't going to initially but they offered us 6 months for $29.99 + tax so we figured what the heck.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Renewed ours for another 6 months. We weren't going to initially but they offered us 6 months for $29.99 + tax so we figured what the heck.
This is the best was to keep your subscription going. Call to cancel stating regular price is far too expensive for your budget and they'll offer you a deal along those lines every time (sometimes 3 month promo). No haggling required and 5mins of your time. Sometimes the first deal they offer isn't very good so just state it's still too expensive and that you can afford the price you had just been paying and they'll give you something. Just make sure to come across like your primary reason for calling is to cancel. If they offer you nothing, then just cancel...but in 3-4 years of doing this with our other vehicle I've never actually cancelled. ;) They have nothing too lose, the signal is already being blanketed over North America so to them $30 for 6 months is better than getting nothing for it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts