Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wondering if anyone has experienced any problems with the XM NavTraffic service. About once a month I drive round trip from Baltimore to Long Island. Routinely I can drive long stretches on I-95 and the NJ Turnpike and even 278 in NY, and I don't have any traffic flow information. I would think at a minimum those would be several roads that would be covered. I am not sure if the problem is with the SiriusXM service or with my unit. My GPS screen says it is receiving traffic information but if I try to look at traffic information on route for instance, it says it has not traffic information for my route. Thought I would ask before I start making phone calls.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Well as long as XM covers the area then you should be seeing green lines along the highways your are driving if the flow is good. Check XM's website and they show their coverage area. Do you at least see the green "Traffic" label on your nav display?

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes... I do see the green "Traffic" label. And I checked the coverage map previously. It is a map of the entire U.S. I can't make out specific roads but it certainly looks like the roads I am using are covered.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Yes... I do see the green "Traffic" label. And I checked the coverage map previously. It is a map of the entire U.S. I can't make out specific roads but it certainly looks like the roads I am using are covered.
So are you just not seeing any green, yellow or red lines along the roads? Also unless you have a destination and route programmed there won't be any traffic information but you should still see traffic flow along the roads. Are you actually using the route guidance and still not seeing any traffic information? This is about all I know and I'm not sure if there is a setting that you have to turn on to see traffic. Might be worth exploring in your nav menus to ensure you have traffic information on if such a setting exists.

·
Registered
11 Posts
There is also option to set map color to softs of pail color and have traffic color stand out, so along my route I can see ether a green line or the red line, also.... when I trying to switch from shortest time to lets say shortest distance it would tell me that there is no traffic info available for that route. If you go to settings and than select traffic info and don't see anything in there I suggest you call xm.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Is NavTraffic worth the monthly fee? I have been using my trial period with XM all access for a week now. I noticed while in heavy traffic or while approaching heavy traffic my route is never recalculated automatically to avoid the traffic. My daily drive consists of 95% highway. The traffic colors are visible on the map. I get the NavWeather alerts, one construction alert so far, but no traffic alerts. I get better traffic alerts on the mobile app Waze and it's free. I am in Denver if that matters.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Is NavTraffic worth the monthly fee? I have been using my trial period with XM all access for a week now. I noticed while in heavy traffic or while approaching heavy traffic my route is never recalculated automatically to avoid the traffic. My daily drive consists of 95% highway. The traffic colors are visible on the map. I get the NavWeather alerts, one construction alert so far, but no traffic alerts. I get better traffic alerts on the mobile app Waze and it's free. I am in Denver if that matters.
Personally, I have never found it to be accurate. I am often sitting in dead stop traffic and the map shows a green line.

And forget the weather function. All I get is constant flash flood warnings for 30 miles away. Completely useless.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Last week we drove 2500 miles from el paso up to mt. rushmore, through Denver. Nav, and traffic worked great, with detours suggested around ft. collins, and each time traffic bottlenecked north of Denver, it knew the correct avg. speed of the cork. I have wx, on my phone, but I bought one year sub. to try is, and saved a little.

·
Registered
175 Posts
So now the satellite radio navigation service and the actual navigation system itself are both not working properly? Sounds like it is hard to find your way in the Pathfinder.

(excuse the pun.)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts