Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Wouldn't imagine all the bumping around would be good for the machine..
Excellent way to get the ring of death :O

·
Registered
233 Posts
My boys used the Wii several times and on long road trips with no issue. Works great and they loved it. Don't really understand what tricks you need or are referring to? Just plug it in the rear AUX and outlet and ensure the video mode is set to rear AUX.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Wouldn't imagine all the bumping around would be good for the machine..
Excellent way to get the ring of death :O
RROD is from overheating, and poor design - not bumping around. If you install games to the HDD on the 360 - you should be fine over the worst bumps. You can also buy a console car kit that has a stand and attaches in the back of the car.

I get my PF tomorrow. My 8yr old has done vast planning over the last few months to put in an Xbox.

·
Registered
233 Posts
RROD is from overheating, and poor design - not bumping around. If you install games to the HDD on the 360 - you should be fine over the worst bumps. You can also buy a console car kit that has a stand and attaches in the back of the car.

I get my PF tomorrow. My 8yr old has done vast planning over the last few months to put in an Xbox.
This was posted in another thread awhile back but doesn't the XBox require much more power? I don't believe the PF can handle it. The Wii is fairly low.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Not sure about the XBox needing more power. my gut tells me that it would still work in the Pathfinder. With my PS4 there are only two cords to worry about: HDMI and power. That's it. As long as you have a safe driver I don't think there is anything to worry about.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Not sure about the XBox needing more power. my gut tells me that it would still work in the Pathfinder. With my PS4 there are only two cords to worry about: HDMI and power. That's it. As long as you have a safe driver I don't think there is anything to worry about.
I'm not talking about being a safe driver, I'm talking about overloading the power outlet.

Check this link and maybe you can see which Xbox console you have regarding power requirement. Some models are well over the PF 150 watts and need close to 200.

The Wii is only 17 watts.

I honestly have no clue what it would do.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts

ok thanks for the info

I wouldn't play games via disc though..
Download to HD is the safest way if you are going to be using it in a car.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
I seen that some people used an inverter to power their console.
If you want to be on the safe side, getting a bigger battery would be a good idea.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I put the xbox 360 in today.. but seems after 10mins or so the 120v outlet will shut down, and I have to toggle the switch in the front before it will power on again. Has anyone had this happen? Is there a timer on that outlet? or does the xbox 360 draw too much power and cut the breaker?

·
Registered
233 Posts
I put the xbox 360 in today.. but seems after 10mins or so the 120v outlet will shut down, and I have to toggle the switch in the front before it will power on again. Has anyone had this happen? Is there a timer on that outlet? or does the xbox 360 draw too much power and cut the breaker?
No timer, my kids have played the Wii for hours on long trips. I would assume the Xbox is drawing too much power. Check the links posted and see what model you have and determine the power required.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I think it might have something to do with how much power the xbox draws cause I had my friend plug his phone charger in there and it stayed on during a 4 hour drive.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
maybe it overheated the circuit and it shutdown?

·
Registered
55 Posts
looks like the xbox draws power differently, depending on the game. The 120v jack only allows 120v 150watts 10amps. Xbox 360 will pull around 170watts. I'm just going to use my after marker power inverter that's rated for 300watts, and plug it in the back. Which is better since the power won't get cut when i move into ACC mode.

I'm really hating that you can't shut the engine off and be in ACC mode directly without the entire car rebooting. This is such a poor design.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
looks like the xbox draws power differently, depending on the game. The 120v jack only allows 120v 150watts 10amps. Xbox 360 will pull around 170watts. I'm just going to use my after marker power inverter that's rated for 300watts, and plug it in the back. Which is better since the power won't get cut when i move into ACC mode.

I'm really hating that you can't shut the engine off and be in ACC mode directly without the entire car rebooting. This is such a poor design.
That sucks, i also had a friend complain about this. I just hope they see this is a problem and work to make a change for future years

·
Registered
55 Posts
That sucks, i also had a friend complain about this. I just hope they see this is a problem and work to make a change for future years
considering the start button is probably computer controlled.. I'm wondering if they need to do a hardware change - or if an ECM update will just fix this..

Bah.. they won't do anything. I had an 2005 X-Trail for 9 yrs, and the locks froze every winter - actually locking you in the car.. was a design flaw - Nissan would not acknowledge it, even though it was a major safety issue. So they won't care about this.

·
Registered
175 Posts

What is a power inverter and how does it help to solve this whole Xbox problem in the Pathfinder? Does the power inverter change the amount of power that the Xbox needs?

·
Registered
55 Posts
What is a power inverter and how does it help to solve this whole Xbox problem in the Pathfinder? Does the power inverter change the amount of power that the Xbox needs?
A Power inverter converts DC to AC power. The one that is built into the Pathfinder is low wattage (150watts) compared to standard ones.. which is okay for plugging in a laptop, or something with no power draw. You can get them up to a 5000watt peak (2500watts running) and they can run through the car ports, or clip directly to the car battery. I have a 400watt one ($25) that has 2 grounded 115vac plugs, and autoshutoff if the battery starts to deplete. I would only use it while the car is running to be safe.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Knowing how much I would pull power from my cars battery with an inverter I can see myself eventually upgrading the battery to a deep cycle battery, likely an optima yellow top.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
you could run an inverter straight to the battery. that way its always on.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts