Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A lot of these threads seem to being having a lot problems particularly the shuddering problem. Would you guys still recommend others to buy a Pathfinder right now. Or is it better to wait till Nissan fixes these problems?

·
Registered
101 Posts
If you can wait, than do so. But either way I believe Nissan will take care of it's customers. Has a history of doing so. I see Jeep in the news along with Toyota and ford for recalls. Happens to them all.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
My honest answer would be no. I would wait for next years model, find out what changes, improvements and fixes have been made and then go from their.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
When will they start selling 2014 Pathfinders?

I don't think there is an issue with buying a 2013 if you get a good deal. There is a warranty that covers you.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I am ready to buy. I am waiting, as the Pathfinder makes the most sense to replace my 2010 Enclave, but I'm unwilling to put up with the possible shuddering.

It could bite me in the butt as prices on the premium are being discounted $4-$5,000. 2014 discounts are an unknown.

·
Registered
215 Posts
A lot of these threads seem to being having a lot problems particularly the shuddering problem. Would you guys still recommend others to buy a Pathfinder right now. Or is it better to wait till Nissan fixes these problems?
4 people respond and not a single one actually owns a pathfinder..... It seems this is all the post on this board come from anymore. I personally have a February 2013 build and have not had a single problem. The majority of the complaints are from January and earlier builds. Buy a 2013 February build or later and you'll be fine, you'll save some money too, because when 2014s come out many dealerships are not going budge on pricing for a while.

·
Registered
72 Posts
4 people respond and not a single one actually owns a pathfinder..... It seems this is all the post on this board come from anymore. I personally have a February 2013 build and have not had a single problem. The majority of the complaints are from January and earlier builds. Buy a 2013 February build or later and you'll be fine, you'll save some money too, because when 2014s come out many dealerships are not going budge on pricing for a while.
Well, better be safe than sorry..... there are lots of report left and right and even on Nissan Facebook with with mix results with unhappy and happy owners like you. If someone have the $$$$$ to spend... and don't mind all those hassle or worries that he/she may encounter after they signed the paper. I would say.. go ahead. 35-45K range are not cheap, at least for me.

Yes... it is a good deal and with warranty (so call). Really? If something wrong, you will have to travel back and forth to the dealers and at the same time trying to contact Nissan and asked,,... WHY! WHY! WHY!

But if you don't mind ... i would wait. Besides this is still in an early stage that Nissan Claim the fixed will be in Jun. Really FIXED? and took 6 months for them to figure it out? What if it is not fixed and you are stuck with it like the rest. :(

Anyway... so happy for those who have zero fault and.. those who encounters those issues... just have to wait for Nissan to fix it.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have a January 13th build date and have had zero problems with our pathfinder. Our VIN was included in the two recalls but when we took it in nothing was wrong with our Path, they did not have to fix or adjust anything. If you find one manufactured in 2013 I would buy it. Could save you thousands. To be honest other than maybe updating the software, my machine is no differnt than one built in October 2012. We all have the potential to have our transmission fail. Some are lucky so far and some are not. The Recall for the shudder is going to be across the board for the 2013s.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I agree with sstarrx3. $ave now v paying more for the same vehicle next month.
What do you have to loo$e; you have 5years on the powertrain. Just my 2 cents, actually lot of cents, $$.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I would say the shuddering problem is not as widespread as it may seem. Problems usually come from a more vocal minority from online boards. But if you are buying, it appears there is a bit of a lottery there. I would wait. Or if you're buying used or from a lot, do some extensive test drives and see if you come across any problems.

·
Registered
66 Posts
The shudder is not limited to early builds. I had a January build first, and the loaner they gave me was a March build. Both of those had the shudder and power loss issues. I have a February build now, and it has the shudder and an airbag issue, but I've had it for a month now with no power loss issues. I would definitely suggest waiting until Nissan has all if these problems worked out. Check out the Nissan Pathfinder Facebook page. It is more widespread than with the few people with problems have posted on this board.

It is definitely an awesome vehicle.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Hey I have a Pathfinder!

Just not a 2013 :(

But I've been following it closely and I do not think it is a real problem. I am on many other forums and all cars have their problems. And like said. Nissan will cover you. They have a history of taking care of their customers.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts