Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think it looks really clean and would look great depending on the color of your Pathfinder.

Would any of you get it?

If there are any other door moldings available, post them in this thread.

·
Premium Member
1,066 Posts
You're referring to the chrome molding at the bottom of the driver's and rear doors?

That's standard on all SL / Platinum models. I don't believe it's available as an add-on accessory.

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
I can see this being made from aftermarket suppliers later on so then the base model pathfinder owners can replicate the looks of the SL and platinum pathfinders. I like it actually instead of the chrome trimming in the usual spot in the middle of the door to serve as a dent protector.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
If you wanted door mouldings there are many options in the aftermarket. ebay is a good place to look. Most of them just stick on with double sided 3m mounting tape.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Chrome Moldings Add on

Looked in to this myself. The set for all 4 doors is about 110 bucks so quite inexpensive add on. If you want the dealers body shop to do it, and I would recommend this as they're used to doing these things....they will charge about a hundred bucks to install them.

·
Registered
35 Posts
If you have an S Level there are no mounting holes for the molding to fit in to. However, the clips on the molding come off and you secure it with the 3m tape only. I was thinking of this to help with door ding and dent protection but the placement of this molding does nothing to help the door up high as the door actually sticks out further than the molding!!!
An after market molding from bodysidemolding.com is a more practical solution, it mounts higher up the door and breaks up that high, very exposed door! Some like the look, some don't. The molding helps big time!

·
Registered
440 Posts
You're referring to the chrome molding at the bottom of the driver's and rear doors?

That's standard on all SL / Platinum models. I don't believe it's available as an add-on accessory.
Interestingly, dealers are selling it as an "accessory" online, noting that it doesn't come with instructions but is just a stick-on part (if not installed on SL/Plat) since the hooks are removable if your trim doesn't have the mounting holes.

Quite the expensive sticker!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts