Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I do a fair amount of winter driving on snowy, secondary roads and I'm thinking I might get tires with a bit more "bite" than the stock tires. I might even get additional rims (something a bit more "basic" than the stock rims) so I can easily switch them out myself. Any suggestions or recommendations?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I do a fair amount of winter driving on snowy, secondary roads and I'm thinking I might get tires with a bit more "bite" than the stock tires. I might even get additional rims (something a bit more "basic" than the stock rims) so I can easily switch them out myself. Any suggestions or recommendations?
I usually go to tirerack.com. They have ability to select tire size, snow tires, and you can compare them by reviews. Hope this helps

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Pathfinder SV 4x4
1,098 Posts
Discount tire direct is a good one as well.

In terms of finding the best price on tires, I've never been able to beat mail-ordering through walmart. Problem is, you either use them for the mount/balance or find your own source.

·
Registered
5 Posts
In the same vein of this thread, I know 18 will fit but thoughts on 17's as i have a set from my old ridgeline in 245/70/17 that i could reuse this season.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discount tire direct is a good one as well.

In terms of finding the best price on tires, I've never been able to beat mail-ordering through walmart. Problem is, you either use them for the mount/balance or find your own source.
Our Discount Tire will meet and usually beat any advertised price on the internet for tires they carry. I usually find the tire I want, search the internet for the best price, and then go to discount tire to buy it with their matched or beat price. Even like on Black Friday when other sites (like Sams or Costco) say free installation and lifetime rotate/balancing, they have matched free installation and lifetime rotate/balancing for me.

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Pathfinder SV 4x4
1,098 Posts
17 will not fit. 2nd gen 18" Murano rims are decently priced used and will fit, for anyone looking.
I believe there are owners of 2013+ Pathfinders on here with aftermarket 17" wheels / tires without fitment issues.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I believe there are owners of 2013+ Pathfinders on here with aftermarket 17" wheels / tires without fitment issues.
Yeaaa, fixed. I swear i remember seeing 18" was smallest due to the rotors when i built my winters last fall. But looking now it appears there are 17's that will fit. I would have gone that route if i did better research last year!

·
Administrator
2013 Pathfinder SL, Connecticut, USA
4,810 Posts
I run 245/70R17 Blizzaks as my winter set.

Reactions: PoManzPathy

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just talking with the dealer here and they were saying the TPMS from the previous gen wont work as the frequency is different for '22, can anyone confirm?

·
Administrator
2013 Pathfinder SL, Connecticut, USA
4,810 Posts
Just talking with the dealer here and they were saying the TPMS from the previous gen wont work as the frequency is different for '22, can anyone confirm?
That doesn't surprise me. Can you get the part #?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts