Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, we are getting ready for winter and wanted to square away the winter tire setup on the 2013 pathfinder.

We use to have a Ford Edge and still have the nice wintertire setup.

245/60r18 Hankook iPike RW11 ran them 2 winters less than 4 thousand miles on them and they look almost new. So I want to run them on the pathfinder any downfall?

I did some research on the tires and they look to be just a little bit shorter than the OE 235/65-18 recommended version.

TPMS sensors, are they required for the Pathfinder as I will run them without if I can as they are a PITA.

My plan for wheels would be to pick up some late model murano wheels to use for the winter.

Any help or comments would be great!

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
I'm actually quite surprised at how well those iPikes have held up for you after those 2 years. iPikes have been known to wear out faster than the typical winter tire. I guess you just have really good winter driving habits?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah they held up pretty well...

They were on the wifes car and I feel I should be able to get at least 2 more winters out of them.

Any thoughts on the size, I already looked here
235/65-R18 vs 245/60-R18 Tire Comparison - Tire Size Calculator

The tires look to be almost the same size...

Also I really need to know how this Nissan will behave without the the TPMS sensors. I really do not want to purchase another set as it sucks getting them programmed for your car not to mention they are super expensive.

·
Registered
221 Posts
If you are using the same wheels, then the tpms will not be an issue.

·
Registered
65 Posts
You can run without the TPMS but be ready to stare at a bright warning light from the dash.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I will require new wheels as I want a dedicated winter driving set.
As for the light, no problem black electrical tape works wonders for that!

Any Ideas on what would be a good cheap place to look for rims, the usual tire rack did not have anything that impressed me.

The wife mentioned that she would like Black wheels for the pathfinder if possible.

·
Registered
65 Posts
If you want to keep it stock i have a set of wheels/tires from my 2014 SL for sale.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I dont think its possible but i know it only takes a couple of minutes to program a set. I took my Toyota to Discount Tires when i bought a set of used wheels with TPMS already installed and they programmed it to my truck in no time at all and they did it for Free!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The specs of the ford wheels are the following..

Manufacturer Part Number:
3674A, 7T4Z1007E
Offset: 44
Rim Material: Alloy
Number of Bolts: 5
Rim Width: 7.5
Rim Structure: One Piece
Rim Diameter: 18
COLOR: SILVER

·
Administrator
2013 Pathfinder SL, Connecticut, USA
4,771 Posts
The specs of the ford wheels are the following..

Manufacturer Part Number:
3674A, 7T4Z1007E
Offset: 44
Rim Material: Alloy
Number of Bolts: 5
Rim Width: 7.5
Rim Structure: One Piece
Rim Diameter: 18
COLOR: SILVER
You will also need to know the Ford wheel bolt pattern. The Pathfinder is 5-114mm. Offsets between 35-45mm will fit the vehicle with wheels 6.5 - 8.5 according to Tire Rack.

·
Administrator
2013 Pathfinder SL, Connecticut, USA
4,771 Posts
Is it possible for the pathfinder to keep two sets of tpms codes? One set from the stock rims and one set from the winter rims?
Did we ever get an answer to this question? Otherwise if you do your own changeovers, it sounds like you still have to see someone to re-register the sensors.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts