Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
I had looked into buying this as well. I think it is a perfect fit, and for only $85, a good buy. I also like how it is a tri fold--meaning you can easily fold it back when using third row sears. I haven;t seen any others that do that. The only thing that gave me pause was that is is branded with the Infiniti logo. Let me know if you get it and how it fits, looks.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
you should also check with floor mat brands like Weather Tech. They might already have a quality cargo area protector for us, or one in development.

·
Registered
138 Posts
you should also check with floor mat brands like Weather Tech. They might already have a quality cargo area protector for us, or one in development.
they do make one, but is considerably more $$ and also isn't a tri fold. So you kind of have to bend it back over itself when you want to use the 3rd row seats, or remove it completely. The Infiniti one is creased and can fold back easily.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I'd assume it should fit. Unless there is something back there that the JX has extra.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I was looking for something like that but ended up buying the WeatherTech one. The problem would be mounting the mats to the back of the seat. My father's CX-9 already has Velcro sewn to the back of the seat and the JX35 might as well; however, I can't say for sure because I haven't seen one.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I remember reading somewhere that someone used a JX mat in a Pathfinder. Or was it the other way around. Don't remember.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was going to get the JX mats for my pathfinder (just got it last week), but noticed it didn't have the cutout for the handle to get to the storage compartment below. I had a mat that covered the handle in my Xterra and found that I never used the storage underneath because it was so hard to get to because of the mat. So I went with the Pathfinder mat instead, and it looks like it'll provide sufficient protection. I don't plan on storing anything too crazy in the back (and would have preferred a cloth mat, actually) so I'm not expecting too much water/mud retention. I'd expect WeatherTech to do a better job of that.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Got the mat. It works.
However there's a few gripes I have:

1. No cutout for the handle
2. The lower piece that's above cargo area flap has no way to attach to the cover
3. Color scheme for Pathfinder is a bit off (infinity cover is lighter in color)

·
Registered
215 Posts
This is my Pathfinder 2013 infiniti JX cargo cover. Path and Jx 2013 is the same cargo area.
The fact that only half the holes match up with placement and it doesn't cover up nearly as much as a weathertech mat makes my opinion that it does not fit and looks like crap. What is it made of? I'm sorry with 3 dogs that wouldn't last a week and won't hold up to any real moisture. And to top it all off it says infiniti....

·
Registered
138 Posts
The fact that only half the holes match up with placement and it doesn't cover up nearly as much as a weathertech mat makes my opinion that it does not fit and looks like crap. What is it made of? I'm sorry with 3 dogs that wouldn't last a week and won't hold up to any real moisture. And to top it all off it says infiniti....
looks to me like it isn't stretched out all the way? I think it would fit perfectly--cargo areas the exact same size.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Correct. You see that seam in the middle. Only with time it'll stretch and become flat. When you get it first it won't be a perfect fit.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought the Graphite JX cargo mat. Its a lot lighter than Pathfinder's black, but it serves the purpose. Please note, the material will attach lint.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I was going to get the JX mats for my pathfinder (just got it last week), but noticed it didn't have the cutout for the handle to get to the storage compartment below. I had a mat that covered the handle in my Xterra and found that I never used the storage underneath because it was so hard to get to because of the mat. So I went with the Pathfinder mat instead, and it looks like it'll provide sufficient protection. I don't plan on storing anything too crazy in the back (and would have preferred a cloth mat, actually) so I'm not expecting too much water/mud retention. I'd expect WeatherTech to do a better job of that.
I hate vacuuming the mats. Thats one of my lazy reasons to have the weathertechs.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts