Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm waiting to take my car in to have the transmission replaced after the torque converter replacement didn't do the trick to stop the shudder.
I can't help but wonder what would happen if the transmission change fails as well... Will Nissan consider buying the car back or will I be forced to take the lemon law route?

Judging by the publicity this issue has had I would believe Nissan would realize I can not drive a $45K car with this issue and agree to buy it back.

Just wondering what your thoughts were on this... Specially knowing many of you are in the process of replacing the transmission.

·
Registered
440 Posts
I'm waiting to take my car in to have the transmission replaced after the torque converter replacement didn't do the trick to stop the shudder.
I can't help but wonder what would happen if the transmission change fails as well... Will Nissan consider buying the car back or will I be forced to take the lemon law route?

Judging by the publicity this issue has had I would believe Nissan would realize I can not drive a $45K car with this issue and agree to buy it back.

Just wondering what your thoughts were on this... Specially knowing many of you are in the process of replacing the transmission.
Look in the lemon law booklet provided in the glove compartment, and read the rules for your state. The easiest route is to Google lemon law lawyers in your area. As with anything associated with legal matters, it is highly important that you follow the rules or instructions by your lawyer precisely to succeed. If it can be shown that Nissan is at fault, then they also have to pay the lawyer fees, as well returning all monies paid to date, minus a relatively small fee for mileage.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Lemon laws have specific requirements. Read what yours are and see if your situation fits.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts