Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am new to this forum and I've search around and couldn't quite find the answer to this tire question, so I am hoping someone can help me or confirm the following.

I am looking at putting the 2011-2014 Murano 5 spoke Y rims on my 2017 Pathfinder SV.
(Link: https://static.cargurus.com/images/...no_s_awd-pic-7619839847778892949-640x480.jpeg)

As far as I could tell, the wheels seem to be the same size (bolt pattern, size, width, hub, offset) and should fit fine.

I want to put winter 2nd sets on these. I was reading about TPMS sensors and that some posts saying we need programing from the dealer each time you swap and others saying they will automatically sync after driving a few miles. I am ordering tires tonight from Costco (Canada) and saw someone bought the sensors from them and had them installed and they seemed to work ok.

I will probably switch the tires myself between seasons.

Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
2013 Pathfinder SL, Connecticut, USA
4,482 Posts
Yes, Murano wheels will fit the Pathfinder, but the TPM sensors are different. Tire sellers can sell you sensors that are programmable to the Pathfinder, but you may be beholden to them to reprogram every time you swap your rims. The safest thing is to buy OEM or compatible sensors online or from the dealer. Those sensors will absolutely automatically be recognized by the vehicle when you switch out your wheels.

Reactions: Phoenix88

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Jay.

I called Costco today and they said they sell their sensors for $61 per tire and would install it. They mentioned they usually will not install other 3rd party sensors. I am not sure if they would install an oem sensor for me.

The rim is bare, so maybe I could try to mount the TPMS sensor before bringing the rims in. Not sure if I need special tools or other parts to do this.

I found these on Rockauto: 2017 NISSAN PATHFINDER 3.5L V6 Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) Sensor | RockAuto

VDO / CONTINENTAL SE55556 {#407003JA0A, 407003JA0B} OE Sensor; 433.92 MHz; No Programming Required - Follow OE Relearn Procedure After Install Info

·
Super Moderator
2013 Pathfinder SL, Connecticut, USA
4,482 Posts
They probably don't want to be held responsible if they break them. If the rims are bare, I don't believe there are any special tools other than the correct size wrench to install them yourself. It's the mounting of the tire that requires the special equipment.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Just to reaffirm, I have these rims for my winters on my 19 path. The offset is slightly different(5mm) which puts the rim 5mm further out than path rims, which looks better imo. Most would never notice the difference. Oem path tpms sensors I bought on ebay worked without any programming or resetting. As stated, the murano tpms are different.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
With these OE sensors, the PF should just relearn the sensor upon driving for a few KM? Nothing the tire shop or dealer has to do? That would be great.

Edit: Thanks 19finderr, just saw your post above! and thanks for reaffirming the fitment.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do you have a photo? Just curious how it will look. Does the sensor I posted above match the one you bought?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ordered the ebay sensors - much appreciate the link and photos! You saved me a lot of trouble and $$$.

The PF looks great with those wheels.

·
Registered
2020 Pathfinder SV
5 Posts
Hi, I am new to this forum and I've search around and couldn't quite find the answer to this tire question, so I am hoping someone can help me or confirm the following.

I am looking at putting the 2011-2014 Murano 5 spoke Y rims on my 2017 Pathfinder SV.
(Link: https://static.cargurus.com/images/...no_s_awd-pic-7619839847778892949-640x480.jpeg)

As far as I could tell, the wheels seem to be the same size (bolt pattern, size, width, hub, offset) and should fit fine.

I want to put winter 2nd sets on these. I was reading about TPMS sensors and that some posts saying we need programing from the dealer each time you swap and others saying they will automatically sync after driving a few miles. I am ordering tires tonight from Costco (Canada) and saw someone bought the sensors from them and had them installed and they seemed to work ok.

I will probably switch the tires myself between seasons.

Thanks in advance.
You can go to Reference guide for car wheel and tire dimensions such as size, offset, PCD and look up the wheels you want to swap out to make sure they fit. I tried a set of Murano wheels, they fit and ended up with a set of QX60, they fit as well. Sensors were interchangeable.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts