Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2017 SV Nismo
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After having my 17 PF for a few months now the wife put her foot down and said enough is enough. After the 22's, LED swapped every single bulb, hub and caliper paint, 6 quarts of cvt fluid, OEM bug shield, rear bumper protector, Dual USB charger for the 2nd row, weathertech floor mats 1st and 2nd row, car cleaning products.."F11 top coat, Chemical guys wheel and tire cleaner microfiber towels and about 6 different brushes, magnetic oil drain bolt, Tint for the front windows and strip across the top of the windshield, car shampooer, and a new pressure washer. Is she over reacting? I mean it's been two months. Do I have a problem? Is she right? I think I've limited myself pretty well. (y)

·
Super Moderator
2013 Pathfinder SL, Connecticut, USA
4,244 Posts
The secret is.... what have you purchased for HER lately? It's all a balancing act, lol!

·
Super Moderator
4,244 Posts
I guess she has you over a barrel.

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Pathfinder SV 4x4
530 Posts
I hear you. I've been click-buying like a maniac given the home time lately. Tools, car stuff. New electric pressure washer, etc. Luckily the bride never questions me because she knows I'm the one that makes the $ and pays the bills.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Can she keep track of your spending? The wife and I have totally separate accounts....and I NEVER tell her the truth about what I spent on something because even if your honest they will use it later when they need amo. I upgraded and bought a gaming PC video card worth $1200, I told the wife it was $350. I knew early in my marriage that all this sharsey stuff aint working for me and I WANT MY TOYS, I'm fiscally responsible enough to not feel gulity about purchases. I dont smoke,drink or gamble. My wife does the same thing to me...we both play the game...its a marriage made in heaven. lol

·
Registered
2017 SV Nismo
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I hear you. I've been click-buying like a maniac given the home time lately. Tools, car stuff. New electric pressure washer, etc. Luckily the bride never questions me because she knows I'm the one that makes the $ and pays the bills.
Same.
I'm pulling in the cash. Luckily I don't really need anything else. Maybe a few more cleaning products. The truck has came together nicely. She didn't say no more technically. But right now I'm happy with what I put into it. Totally changed the look from stock.

·
Registered
2017 SV Nismo
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Can she keep track of your spending? The wife and I have totally separate accounts....and I NEVER tell her the truth about what I spent on something because even if your honest they will use it later when they need amo. I upgraded and bought a gaming PC video card worth $1200, I told the wife it was $350. I knew early in my marriage that all this sharsey stuff aint working for me and I WANT MY TOYS, I'm fiscally responsible enough to not feel gulity about purchases. I dont smoke,drink or gamble. My wife does the same thing to me...we both play the game...its a marriage made in heaven. lol
We have joint be she never checks the bank statements. I am the one that takes care of the finances. But when there is an amazon box on the stoop every other day. She questions what they are for. She isn't mad just isn't into cars so she doesn't understand. She is in between jobs now. But when she works she makes far more $ than me. So it's nice when we both are working.

·
Registered
318 Posts
We have joint be she never checks the bank statements. I am the one that takes care of the finances. But when there is an amazon box on the stoop every other day. She questions what they are for. She isn't mad just isn't into cars so she doesn't understand. She is in between jobs now. But when she works she makes far more $ than me. So it's nice when we both are working.
Maybe a buds mailing address just till it cools off for the Amazon stuff....sorry but when your a born deviant its hard to shake. lol

·
Registered
2017 SV Nismo
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Maybe a buds mailing address just till it cools off for the Amazon stuff....sorry but when your a born deviant its hard to shake. lol
I have my work address I can use. She is staying at home at the moment. My only problem is getting it to the garage without being spotted. lol

·
Registered
318 Posts
I have my work address I can use. She is staying at home at the moment. My only problem is getting it to the garage without being spotted. lol
Now thats an easy deception. Just hide it in a bag of Peat Moss or with some other garden or garage type purchases....I really ought to open a "Deviant Husband Workshop" on line thing.

·
Registered
2017 SV Nismo
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well.... I went ahead and made an appointment to get the front windows tinted and a strip along the top of the windshield. I'ts never ending. The wife has not responded to my text about it. haha

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Pathfinder SV 4x4
530 Posts
Nice! I don't mind the factory tint on my 2019 SV, but I'm rarely in it.

Shops in NY won't do the WS strip, although I'm sure you could get someone to do it for you.

·
Registered
2017 SV Nismo
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Nice! I don't mind the factory tint on my 2019 SV, but I'm rarely in it.

Shops in NY won't do the WS strip, although I'm sure you could get someone to do it for you.
The front clear glass has been driving me crazy. I always tell her. It's either let me tinker with this or another Drag Car. She knows better not to go the other route. haha

·
Super Moderator
4,244 Posts
Well.... I went ahead and made an appointment to get the front windows tinted and a strip along the top of the windshield. I'ts never ending. The wife has not responded to my text about it. haha
You only talk to you wife via text? Or only for uncomfortable subjects?

·
Registered
101 Posts
The key to a long lasting successful marriage is to build it on a foundation of good lies. You build it with weak lies, the marriage could collapse.

I just bought a completely unpractical 2 seater fun car, and I'll tell ya, the truth didn't get it into my garage. lol

·
Registered
2017 SV Nismo
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Drop the truck off this evening. Excited to see the difference!! Do I also ask them to tint the tails in a light smoke? Ughh I'm gonna be Single Soon.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts