Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question for you guys.

What is it about the Pathfinder that you like? Is it a certain feature, price, styling etc? Or is it a devotion to the Nissan brand ? What makes it better or different from other cars in its segment for you?

·
Premium Member
1,066 Posts
Where to start...

I think the thing that impressed me the most is the ride quality. Between the well dampened suspension, quiet interior, shift-less CVT and just the overall refinement of this vehicle, really nothing else in this class compares.

Speaking of the interior, it's very well packaged relative to its exterior proportions. There's tons of usable space without feeling HUGE like my Pilot did. It drives a lot smaller than it actually is. Also, all of the materials are of very high quality, especially compared to the Pilot and the Highlander.

Finally, it's a pretty good value for the content you get.

I've never owned a Nissan before this one, but if it holds up reliability-wise, this certainly won't be my last.

·
Registered
76 Posts
What other vehicles are in its segment?

The huge boxy Pilot that gets horrible MPG?

The seven-passenger-only-if-the-last-five-are-children Highlander that is now seven years old?

Or the Acadia/Enclave/Traverse, had one, care to hear about the four recalls, including one that involved pulling the engine?

Point being, that OUR "segment" was much more narrow than just "7 passenger crossover SUV". There weren't a lot of options. PF matched our criteria perfectly.

·
Registered
9 Posts
We pretty much shopped everything: CX-9, Explorer, Highlander, Pilot, Acadia, etc. for the price, room, cost of ownership, and features we wanted it was extremely close between the explorer and PF. We went with the PF because the interior is WAY nicer and better put together, feels like it has a ton more room, it's cheaper to own, and far better fuel mileage. Oh and we owned an Altima and Maxima before this and those were both great cars and the dealer was top noch. They also gave us $2500 more for our Maxima than anyone else while still letting the PF go for a few hundred over invoice.

We were a bit disappointed we couldn't get nav in our SL but that's nothing a $100 Garmin won't fix.

·
Registered
112 Posts
We pretty much shopped everything: CX-9, Explorer, Highlander, Pilot, Acadia, etc. for the price, room, cost of ownership, and features we wanted it was extremely close between the explorer and PF. We went with the PF because the interior is WAY nicer and better put together, feels like it has a ton more room, it's cheaper to own, and far better fuel mileage. Oh and we owned an Altima and Maxima before this and those were both great cars and the dealer was top noch. They also gave us $2500 more for our Maxima than anyone else while still letting the PF go for a few hundred over invoice.

We were a bit disappointed we couldn't get nav in our SL but that's nothing a $100 Garmin won't fix.
Even the Toyota 4 Runner? I know some people that drove them both had a hard time choosing which one to get.

Gotta love how rugged the 2013 4runner looks...

·
Registered
9 Posts
We considered the 4runner, although not strongly, because to get it optioned the way we wanted it was over $40k and the dealers around here aren't too big on discounting. That and the fuel mileage is far less than the PF and being that it will NEVER go off road and very rarely see 4wd weather we decided it wasn't for us. They are nice though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts