Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone noticed a slight color difference between the rear bumper and metal body white color? Maybe it is just lighting but it seems to be a shade off.

·
Registered
24 Posts
There's usually a slight different color between the the front/rear bumpers and body in most car. It's because the bumpers and the body panels is made of different material. Even if you prep and use the same paint code on it. The color will never be exactly the same but it's hardly noticeable.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It used to be noticable from GM vehicles. Not sure how true it was but I was told if there was an exact match in paint ( body panel vs plastic bumpers) it was a sign that the car was repainted (accident?).

I wonder if it is noticable on other colors?

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Has anyone noticed a slight color difference between the rear bumper and metal body white color? Maybe it is just lighting but it seems to be a shade off.
its normal.

its like this for all brands.

the plastic bumpers and the steel panels come out showing a different color. especially in white.

it only shows up in certain lighting though.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Pictures?

It does happen that during manufacturing the car color will get messed up and won't be completely the same across the whole vehicle, but I bet you that it just has to do with the difference in materials.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Could it be possible that how the vehicles were parked when waiting to be shipped played a role in this? I know the sun can change a cars color a bit.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts