Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my new Pathfinder two weeks ago and since the day I got it I could hear a low whistling sound coming from what appears to be the drivers side windshield. I brought the car in for service and they are saying they can not hear it (so basically there is no issue). I have tried dealing with NA Nissan and they basically say if the dealer can't identify the issue there is no issue. I saw another post on here where it was the drivers side mirror but Nissan said they don't listen to forums like this to solve issues and that they don't think it is the mirror. I don't believe they didn't hear the noise because they said they tried to put duct tape along the windshield...why would you do that if you hadn't heard anything? They have been very nice but now I am going to have to have someone independent of Nissan try to evaluate the problem. This car is only two weeks old and is already going to cost me money. Anyone else have a similar problem?:confused:

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Have you ever thought of trying another dealership?

Some dealers are just idiots.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the same issue and brought it to my dealership twice now because one guy could hear it and another couldn't. I pinpointed the speed I was going when I heard it and also noticed I heard it more when it is warm outside. They ended up replacing the seal all around the door and hopefully this will fix it. I am heading to pick it up now. :D

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
there is no end to the problems for the pathfinder is there...

lets hope for the best, let us know if replacing the seals would fix it. Keep us updated.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
I have the same issue and brought it to my dealership twice now because one guy could hear it and another couldn't. I pinpointed the speed I was going when I heard it and also noticed I heard it more when it is warm outside. They ended up replacing the seal all around the door and hopefully this will fix it. I am heading to pick it up now. :D
keep us posted.
i worked in a shop before and seen them use a smoke machine to fine leaks like that, hoepfully they did some good testing to pin point the problem to that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts