Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cannot stand the tucked look of our OEM 18" wheels and offsets so for a temperary solution I was looking into some wheel spacers. NOT adaptors but actual spacers. Anybody agree or disagree? Just trying to get a little width out of the oem to push the tire to at least closer to the fenders.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I cannot stand the tucked look of our OEM 18" wheels and offsets so for a temperary solution I was looking into some wheel spacers. NOT adaptors but actual spacers. Anybody agree or disagree? Just trying to get a little width out of the oem to push the tire to at least closer to the fenders.
I would like to do the same, but would also need some fender flares.
Anxiously waiting for vendors to step up and begin selling accessories for our vehicles. Would love to make it a bit more rugged (lift kit etc.) , but keep the on-road characteristics :rolleyes:

·
Registered
80 Posts
I used spacers (20mm I believe) on the rear of my 2002 GS430 with great results. Made the stock wheels look awesome. Sold the car before observing any negative effects.

They will probably cause bearings to wear out faster and I wouldn't use them in the front as changing the steering geometry is never a good thing.

Go for it and post photos!

·
Registered
65 Posts
look into Spider Trax they make high quality wheel spacers/adapters. I have a set on my toyota truck been running with it for the past 5 years with no issue. I'm not sure what effects they would have on a front wheel drive vehicle. But i definitely aggree with you on the tucked in look I'm not a big fan either.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
look into Spider Trax they make high quality wheel spacers/adapters. I have a set on my toyota truck been running with it for the past 5 years with no issue. I'm not sure what effects they would have on a front wheel drive vehicle. But i definitely aggree with you on the tucked in look I'm not a big fan either.
I doubt there would be a negative effect on a front wheel drive vehicle, you should be fine, give it a try and let us know

·
Registered
36 Posts
if you use 5mm spacers there wouldnt be a problem... and a difference as well. there are good brands of spacers like eibach and H&R but im guessing you would also need extended studs. very costly. might as well get new wheels with nice probably around +30ish offset

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I used spacers (20mm I believe) on the rear of my 2002 GS430 with great results. Made the stock wheels look awesome. Sold the car before observing any negative effects.

They will probably cause bearings to wear out faster and I wouldn't use them in the front as changing the steering geometry is never a good thing.

Go for it and post photos!
its not proven that adding spacers will do either.

I've seen some cars run spacers their entire life time with no ill effects.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
its not proven that adding spacers will do either.

I've seen some cars run spacers their entire life time with no ill effects.
The issue is with slip on spacers. I think those would be an issue with a car you daily drive. BUT, bolt on spacers would in theory be better as it's not some disc that sits their but is bolted in.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Any update? You get them?

·
Registered
8 Posts
BUMP, i want to know as well!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts