Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One thing I dislike about the look is how far the wheels seem set inside the wheel wells. I am sure this is for Aerodynamics and MPG. Wish they sat out a little closer to the sheetmetal. I think it would make the vehicle look better.

·
Registered
186 Posts
you are quite correct. Newer high Mileage cars out there has wheels that are tucked into the wheel wheel. Same goes for my Sentra. Until Gas returns to under a buck I will take all the MPG i can get!

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
One thing I dislike about the look is how far the wheels seem set inside the wheel wells. I am sure this is for Aerodynamics and MPG. Wish they sat out a little closer to the sheetmetal. I think it would make the vehicle look better.
You can get wheel spaces that bolt onto the hub to stick the wheels out more to solve that problem. I think they'll cost you around $300-400 a set.

A lot of cars are like this and I would just ignore it, but if you really want to do something about it, wheel spacers are what you need.

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
I wouldn't even bother with wheel spacers. It is actually not recommended from the factory to use these. You would have to spend a fortune to get the best ones and the amount of torque overtime can cause wear on the threads of the spacers. does it bother you that much. Maybe you should look in to some aftermarket wheels to suit your need.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Aftermarket wheels would work.

There are two kinds of spacers

One that bolts onto your lug and extends the lugs with a new set.

Or you can get extended studs and run a hubcentric solid spacer with open ended lug nuts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts