Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK - I've been pretty patient with the entire CVT thing. I'm not in the dealer every day bitching about it; I wait for the service bulletin, schedule my trip, get the work done, get disappointed that the fix didn't take, then wait for the next stab in the dark. BUT!!!!!

Today, Nissan introduced their own Smart Watch. That's right, you heard me. NISSAN (YOUR CAR COMPANY) released it's own SMART WATCH. Complete with Heart Monitor.

Nissan will sell its own smartwatch

Hey Nissan - turn your research & development efforts to this major problem, THEN you can play all you want with a smart watch.

·
Registered
175 Posts
OK - I've been pretty patient with the entire CVT thing. I'm not in the dealer every day bitching about it; I wait for the service bulletin, schedule my trip, get the work done, get disappointed that the fix didn't take, then wait for the next stab in the dark. BUT!!!!!

Today, Nissan introduced their own Smart Watch. That's right, you heard me. NISSAN (YOUR CAR COMPANY) released it's own SMART WATCH. Complete with Heart Monitor.

Hey Nissan - turn your research & development efforts to this major problem, THEN you can play all you want with a smart watch.
There has been so much hype about these smart watches being the next new thing. I'm not so sure that that is going to happen.

I felt the same way when Apple came out with the iPad and that has caught on pretty well, but I also remember when the Seguay came out and was supposed to revolutionize human travel.

Even if the smart watch does catch on, I don't see why people would buy a Nissan smart watch. The other companies, like Samsung and Apple, will undoubtedly make a better product.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts

they don't care about your problems, they already have your money :D
i don't know what it is about the new Pathfinder problems that's taking them so long. either it actually takes their engineers this long to hack at it or Nissan just doesn't care that much about fixing it

·
Registered
233 Posts
There has been so much hype about these smart watches being the next new thing. I'm not so sure that that is going to happen.

I felt the same way when Apple came out with the iPad and that has caught on pretty well, but I also remember when the Seguay came out and was supposed to revolutionize human travel.

Even if the smart watch does catch on, I don't see why people would buy a Nissan smart watch. The other companies, like Samsung and Apple, will undoubtedly make a better product.
I love Samsung but actually their watch is not getting good reviews. It currently only works with one phone and it's not their most popular S4 series. I imagine it will soon but not sure when. A charge doesn't even last a day. Anyways doesn't matter to me much, can't have anything like that in my workplace.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
So this is why the CVT issue hasn't been looked at...

kidding.

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
they don't care about your problems, they already have your money :D
i don't know what it is about the new Pathfinder problems that's taking them so long. either it actually takes their engineers this long to hack at it or Nissan just doesn't care that much about fixing it
Well don't forget about all the other projects they are working on to make the next batch of money and move on. Seems like they are taking wayyy to long to respond to such an issue with the pathfinder. Do they really care? regardless of the small number of reports a problem like this shouldn't be passed by.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I am a software engineer, and let me tell you - it's not easy to identify and fix an intermittent issue with something out in the field reported by a few end-users/customers. I bet hardware is no different, and it will be some time before they find a fix that actually works - and perhaps the different cars with similar symptoms actually have unrelated issues. I would guess that the majority of pathfinders are trouble-free -- otherwise we'd see the feds take notice, as they did with the brake recall.

·
Registered
440 Posts
-- otherwise we'd see the feds take notice, as they did with the brake recall.
I disagree. The Feds probably only react to potential safety issues, like the brakes or the passenger side airbag weight sensors. Until people and vehicles start getting hurt, I would not expect a recall or other actions by regulators (sad to say).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts