Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What needs to be improved on future production years of our fourth generation Pathfinders?
This can be anything ranging from issues you've been experiencing, things you would like to see added (e.x. projector headlamps), etc.

·
Registered
150 Posts
It sounds like Nissan needs to work on some quality control issues since a majority of the threads on the site are talking about problems on the Pathfinder.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
+ Blind spot warning system (even as an option)
Seen how GM/Holden does it, they have a warning sign appear on the outer mirrors which i found to be great, after all when checking your blind spot you first check for people further back in that line through your mirrors.

·
Premium Member
1,066 Posts
Projector headlights at a minimum - HIDs as an option. This is the biggest design deficiency by far in my mind.

Rear HVAC controls are poorly designed. I should be able to lock my kids out, which I can't right now. I should be able to control the mode (upper/lower vents) as well.

The handsfree bluetooth system could use some refinement - and Bluetooth audio streaming should be standard across the board.

And of course, they need to get the bugs worked out of the CVT.

·
Registered
28 Posts
-Adaptive HID Bi-xenon projectors.

-Automatic, load-levelling air suspension in the rear.

-Sport mode that generates 'fake' gear ratios that can be selected by either shifter or steering-wheel mounted toggles.

-Full defeat for traction control.

-More aggressive logic mode for i4wd, that engages the 4wd more quickly in snow, etc.

-Better microphone for hands-free phone use.

-Ability to use nav system when in motion (even if linked to occupancy switch in passenger seat).

-Larger fuel tank.

-Roof rack crossbars should be adjustable, fore/aft.

-I wouldn't complain about 40 more hp...but I wouldn't want to sacrifice everyday fuel economy.

-Improved engine braking on grades.

-Retune CVT for more aggressive jump off the line, when floored.

-A little more exhaust snarl wouldn't be a bad thing.

-I'd like to see a better sunroof design. A true panoramic sunroof (see BMW, VW, etc.), where a large front panel goes back over the rear panel, instead of the tiny sunroof over the drivers, and the large fixed rear panel that the Nissan presently has.

-HVAC could be a little more aggressive when cooling the cabin from a hot start. It waits a good 2 minutes before cranking up the AC to full blast. I'd also like to see HVAC modes like my old X5 had (aggressive mode with full blast, and quiet mode with less intrusive settings). But that's a minor quibble.

-More adjustment in seat. Power bolsters, for example.

-Sunglasses holder in overhead console.

-12V outlet in cargo compartment.

·
Registered
194 Posts
-Ability to use nav system when in motion (even if linked to occupancy switch in passenger seat).

-Sunglasses holder in overhead console.
You can use navigation in motion if you use the voice commands and mine has a sunglass holder in the overhead console. Right by the lights.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Projector Headlight (HID as an option), Blind spot Monitoring system & another 20hp (it's on the low end compared to the competition)
Projector Headlight and HID as an Option is a must. The PF has almost taken on a mix of luxury along with typical PF characteristics and with that extra luxury thrown in HID's with complement it well. Plus it's kinda sad the PF doesn't have projectors standard.

·
Registered
215 Posts
For me, it could be to extend their manufacturing warranty to 100K, similar to what hyundai does already.
Hyundai has that warranty to give the idea of quality and to give assurance to prospective buyers to sell vehicles, the quality of car coming from Hyundai plants doesn't even come close to nissan.

·
Registered
440 Posts
things to add

1) Dual exhausts ala Murano
2) 2 12V outlets for second row
3) Optional surround view system as option on SL, SV models
4) Third row seat headrests that aren't one foot tall and don't block 90% of the rear window

·
Registered
81 Posts
Dump the CVT..put in an 8 speed tranny. Add ASS to turn engine off at idle at stop light. Add abilty to generate power from braking

·
Registered
26 Posts
hid's
projector headlamps
led tails
sharkfin antenna
and a tad more aggressive offset on the wheels.
dual exhaust

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hyundai has that warranty to give the idea of quality and to give assurance to prospective buyers to sell vehicles, the quality of car coming from Hyundai plants doesn't even come close to nissan.
True, but having that warranty from the manufacturer will save people from buying extended warranty.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Here is my list of things needing to be improved:

1. Fog lights keeping the lights on in auto. My '10 Murano can leave the fog lights on and the auto lights still work as they should.

2. My '10 Murano has auto wipers which I found useful. I wish the PF had them.

3. I also don't like having to arm the alarm to use the auto start.

4. I wish the sound from the movie would play through the rear speakers while I listen to the satellite radio or something else through the front speakers. My son is 2 and likes watching movies, but he doesn't like wearing the headphones. He also chewed a piece out of the foam after having the car for only 2 weeks. He now just watches with no sound cause my daughter, who is 6, uses the headphones. When I read about the tri-zone entertainment, I assumed this was how it worked. I didn't realize that you HAD to use the headphones.

5. I don't see a big use for that rear moon roof. My kids like it sometimes to see rain hitting the roof, but they quickly lose interest.

6. I hate all the steps you have to go through to use the phone/navigation through the voice commands.

7. Power fold/unfold thrid row.

·
Registered
440 Posts
You have to lock the vehicle prior to remote start to prevent theft. A 50 cent LED in the center storage bin to better see the USB, RCA jacks and 12V outlet would be greatly appreciated.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts