Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a loaded 13 Platinum Premium. When I initially printed a build from Nissan site I was able to select Rear Bumper Protector as an option. However when I got to dealership to close deal a few days later the option has vanished from dealer parts list and no longer on the Nissan site:confused:. I only see a handful of Pathfinders with this option and not only does it look great but does help a lot with protecting bumper from wear and tear. What Gives?!! Does anybody know anything about this or where I can get one to put on my car?

Greatly Appreciated for any advice,

Rear Bumperless in PA:(

·
Premium Member
1,066 Posts
According to the Facebook page, initial demand way exceeded supply and they've been trying to catch up. Nissan has pulled the P/N from their accessories site. I see that Nissanaccessories247.com has it, but it's listed as "delayed delivery". I think that's retailer-speak for "back ordered".

·
Registered
42 Posts
I saw one on a 13 white plat/prem last week. I bought a dark slate a few days later and ordered the rubber poor mats and the bumper protector. A day later the dealer called to tell me my mats were in but the bumper protector had been pulled as Nissan was having problems with the sticky stuff that attaches it to the bumper. Apparently these were coming off.

This story sounds believable. The supply demand story is suspect.
Mike

·
Premium Member
1,066 Posts
This story sounds believable. The supply demand story is suspect.
Mike
This is what I read on Facebook. A few people had complained that their $25 discount was going to expire before the bumper protector was made available and that was Nissan social's response. But perhaps they were just trying to save face.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I ordered mine with the rear bumper protector too. Just this week my dealer told me they are no longer making it. Same story - it was not adhearing well to the bumper & kept coming off. Now I'm trying to negotiate to get something else in return since the bumper protector was part of my deal. I'd love a cargo mat that goes from the 2nd row back to the rear lift gate, but they only make one that goes from the 3rd row back.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I ordered mine with the rear bumper protector too. Just this week my dealer told me they are no longer making it. Same story - it was not adhearing well to the bumper & kept coming off. Now I'm trying to negotiate to get something else in return since the bumper protector was part of my deal. I'd love a cargo mat that goes from the 2nd row back to the rear lift gate, but they only make one that goes from the 3rd row back.
I ordered a Weathertech mat for the second seat back. I was about $140 with shipping and probably cost $10 to make. This is not to say it isn't nice - as it is - I just thought it was very, very pricey.

I believe Amazon has a rear bumper protector in Black. I'll look later and post a link
Mike

·
Registered
50 Posts
I ordered my Platinum Premium in January with the rear bumper protector. It arrived 22 February with the rear bumper protector installed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts