Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before I asked what you did like about the Pathfinder. So it's only fair to ask, what do you not like?

Who better to know the faults of the vehicle than an owner. Is there anything you don't like about the Pathfinder? Something you want changed or improved?

·
Registered
82 Posts
I don't like the chrome trim on the front end. It's a feature carried over from the last generation of pathfinders but I think they could have done a much better job at doing something totally new that isn't as in-your-face as the chrome grille trim is.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I personally don't LIKE the look of the exterior but to be fair I can't necessarily think of a crossover that I do like. I think it looks like a fat car or minivan. I liked the more truck like appearance of the past PF's but I by no means hate it. This is my wife's car anyway so what I thought on the looks didn't really matter haha. Oh and I wish they'd break up the packages a little more.

I do love the interior though.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I personally don't LIKE the look of the exterior but to be fair I can't necessarily think of a crossover that I do like. I think it looks like a fat car or minivan. I liked the more truck like appearance of the past PF's but I by no means hate it. This is my wife's car anyway so what I thought on the looks didn't really matter haha. Oh and I wish they'd break up the packages a little more.

I do love the interior though.
It is hard for them to keep that rugged look nowadays. The trend is moving towards round cars.

Just look at what they did with the new Jeep SRT8. It is so round..
And then you suddenly remember Jeeps use to look like this

·
Registered
70 Posts
Not a huge fan of the sound system in the SL (without Premium Package). Very average. Seems out of place in a $36000 car.

·
Premium Member
1,066 Posts
I wish turning on the fog lights didn't disable the automatic headlights. Other than that, I have no major complaints.

·
Registered
186 Posts
FOR THE RECORD MY LIST OF LIKES IS MUCH LONGER!

1- Fog Lights disabling Auto Lights, Absolutely CWA107!
2- Lack of Power Folding Mirrors in Platinum Premium Version or any version for that matter considering size of vehicle. Path is a tight fit in my standard size garage and often end up rolling down window and manually moving mirror so I can get adequate space to open doors and let out passengers. This should be standard!
3- Lack of HID HeadLight option. Given the choice the majority of people would gladly pay extra for the option and big help with night vision. I am putting my own custom setup in tomorrow.
4- Blind Spot Detection should be standard. The location of Pillar and size does make it a bit challenging to see vehicles in your blind spot. I put a simple round mini-mirror to help on the corner.
5- Lack of Daytime Running Lights: Again this should be a standard safety feature.
6- Navigation Interface and Phone use/menus require too many steps. My 13 Sentra has a much better system and includes ability to find points of interests, send directions to car, and even send, receive, and read text messages while driving. The voice recognition is also better and less steps needed to search phone book entries and make calls. Why where these much improved updates not included with Pathfinder?
7- Premium Sound System is outstanding! I do however wish that an equalizer and preset/custom sound fields where available. The family always wants to watch movies in the car.
8- ability to see incoming/outgoing calls with caller id on driver console display. I did hear from a service manager that a free software update is coming to address this and other quirks with Nav/phone later this year.

I do hope some of these downfalls will appear in the near future on 14-15 models and hopefully retroactive to 13 models when possible.

Reactions: Gene-dna and mjpoa1

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Lack of HID HeadLight option

Big one for me.

Considering the price... It should have had xenon headlights.. Seriously Nissan.. Its 2013.

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
But the pathfinder doesnt even have projectors, do they in the highest model? I wouldnt put HIDs in the halogen housing unless I do a retroit. But its a freakin new car why should I have to bother...

·
Premium Member
1,066 Posts
Lack of HID HeadLight option

Big one for me.

Considering the price... It should have had xenon headlights.. Seriously Nissan.. Its 2013.
Honda and Toyota are doing the same thing with their direct competitors. They draw the line between the luxury and standard versions at HID headlights. I wouldn't expect this to change, but it would be great if they'd at least throw in projectors as the current headlights are mediocre at best.

·
Registered
19 Posts
All of these features are JX35 only. I agree, it would be nice, but I was surprised they put the around view in the PF and not JX only.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Not a huge fan of the sound system in the SL (without Premium Package). Very average. Seems out of place in a $36000 car.
The sound system sucks in the Plat Premium as well. It's the same Bose sound system that was in my Infiniti M45. You don't get a full range of sound until you turn the radio up until at least 60%. Then you can hear the speakers coming alive. Below that, you get this dead, range-less sound coming from what sounds like just the front middle speaker. I was disappointed with this system in my Infiniti, and I'm equally disappointed in it in my PF-PP.

·
Registered
186 Posts
The sound system sucks in the Plat Premium as well. It's the same Bose sound system that was in my Infiniti M45. You don't get a full range of sound until you turn the radio up until at least 60%. Then you can hear the speakers coming alive. Below that, you get this dead, range-less sound coming from what sounds like just the front middle speaker. I was disappointed with this system in my Infiniti, and I'm equally disappointed in it in my PF-PP.
I would not go as far to say the premium sound system is terrible especially when I have heard other systems in competitors not nearly as good. The sound system could certainly use adjustment in the low volume end and a bit more amplifications to tweets and mids. Nevertheless at half volume or above it does sound really good as you stated with Premium System. I notably improved this by setting bass +2, Treble +2, Fading +2 spots to rear and balance to favor center right by +2. I can now turn up volume higher giving me higher dynamics with less sound disturbance.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wish the head rest tilted/angled back a little more. Agree on the lights and the sound, it's a little muddy. Can I turn off the auto door locks?

·
Registered
81 Posts
As for the HID lights...I think they should be outlawed..they are too bright...coming at me its very un-nerving. As for things I don't like the bluetooth hands free phone system....in the non NAV version is awful! Worst interface ever. Needs SYNC.

·
Premium Member
1,066 Posts
Uh...it doesnt. My lights stay on auto as do my fog lights.
If you set your headlights to 'auto' and turn on the fog lights, do your headlights turn off by themselves in full daylight?

If they do, then your experience is contrary to quite a number of other members here or they may have simply changed the behavior of the circuit in builds later than ours.

·
Registered
81 Posts
If you set your headlights to 'auto' and turn on the fog lights, do your headlights turn off by themselves in full daylight?

If they do, then your experience is contrary to quite a number of other members here or they may have simply changed the behavior of the circuit in builds later than ours.
Oh..thats what auto lights does? I thought it just meant it shuts them off automatically when you exit the vehicle without beeping at you to turn them off, which it does also. If you dont have them on auto it will ding at you to shut them off when exiting the vehicle. I had no idea. I dont want my lights shutting off in daylight....they make you more visible. I see no reason to have this functionality. Seems silly. Why turn them off?

·
Premium Member
1,066 Posts
Oh..thats what auto lights does? I thought it just meant it shuts them off automatically when you exit the vehicle without beeping at you to turn them off, which it does also. If you dont have them on auto it will ding at you to shut them off when exiting the vehicle. I had no idea. I dont want my lights shutting off in daylight....they make you more visible. I see no reason to have this functionality. Seems silly. Why turn them off?
In any mode, the lights will turn off automatically when the vehicle is off. AUTO is supposed to turn the lights on when it gets dark, using the sensors on the dash top. It does this as it should when the fog lights are turned off. If the fog lights are turned on, it doesn't ever turn the headlights off.

Why would you want to turn them off? Well, since this vehicle doesn't have DRLs, when the headlights are on, all of your lights are on. At the end of the day, that means shorter service life for everything from your tail lights to your interior lights.

It's not a huge deal, but the question was - 'What don't you like about the Pathfinder' and that's one of my few gripes.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts