Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really don't clean my pathfinder enough. It's almost always dirty and it's scratched up and dinged up from being used all the time. I think with the new pathfinder I am going to make an effort to try to keep this car in good condition. I don't do construction anymore so the car won't have to be thrown around as badly... Any tips from you guys and gals?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Usually I go to the local coin wash and wash my cars their which works out to be amazing. It has the triple foam and everything so I tend to go crazy with that stuff and it makes the really shiny!

To dry it, I have a rubber California water blade that gets rid of most of the water, and microfiber rags to finish the job.

Tires, I use meguairs tire gel that comes with a sponge, which works the best but can get messy.

As you can see, nothing special here, just your typical car wash.

·
Registered
56 Posts
At the dealer they made me watch this video about simoniz to protect the clearcoat, it seems like a good product, plan to spend a few hours applying the wax and buffing, I have not done so, but thinking about it

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dealer made you watch a video? Interesting.. I'd like to see this video.

·
Registered
56 Posts
lol well.. they didnt make me, the guy asked if i wanted to take a minute and watch a video, I thought he was gonna show me something about warranty or service, i remember thinking... this guy is gonna show me one of those drunk driving videos...

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
haha. what did the video explain?

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Has anyone gotten the clear bra vinyl protection for the front? To avoid rock chips?

What about paint protection coatings like Opti-Coat?

·
Registered
120 Posts
I have the Simoniz Glass Coat put on by the dealer along with treating the leather. The warranty is for 7 years where if they can't fix the paint they will repaint the whole car. I was sold on this for 500$ as it protects the leather.

Also, the sales guy said no wax needed after car wash, which was BS when I spoke with the technician. The tech mention that he has it and would recommend a wax at least once a year.

I did have droppings on the car and was able to wipe it off pretty easily. But then again, my car only has 1300 miles.

With my other cars, I get it car washed where they wipe the interior. I also get it detailed every 1.5 years.. it always comes out looking like new.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Keep in mind if your detailer polishes the car he/she will be removing that glass coating you paid for.

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
cool video but nothing more than just marketing from what I can see, what about the new thing called opticoat? Doesnt that do something similar I have heard numerous amounts of people talking about it but not too much on the simoniz glass coat. I think the simoniz glasscoat is sold and endorsed by dealerships.

·
Registered
150 Posts
How much would it cost to get a professional detail interior only including vacuum and shampoo?
An interior clean usually costs about 100 dollars where I live. But there is a lot of competition. But all detailers do not stand equally. You will have to see who does a good job where you are.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Wash and dry with "The absorber" cloth
Zaino/Duragloss on the exterior
Aero 303 to clean/protect dash, vinyl and any plastics
Leather Masters to clean/protect leather

I selected all those products after doing extensive research.

·
Registered
34 Posts
This is what I did to my brand new Pathfinder.
1.Washed with Dawn dishwashing liquid(helps remove old wax).
2.Used a clay bar while soaped up to remove contaminants on paint, glass, wheels and plastic parts.
3.Applied light coat of Rejex(Pretty slick stuff,repels bugs, etc) to all of the above.
4.Let cure over night (8 hours) out of the elements. Reapplied to areas most susceptible to bugs etc.
5. I never wash with anything but water except in extreme circumstances then use a mild made for automobile soap.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
yep. its a sealant that requires almost no effort to apply.

and it works very well.

lasts likely 2-3 months.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts