Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G'day everyone! My name is Matt and I run the Car Review YouTube channel Matt Brand Cars (link for those interested: MattBrandCars)

Nissan has given me a 2020 Pathfinder and I wanted to know from owners: What do you love about your Pathfinder? What do you hate?

I love to get the opinions of those who actually live with the car as well as my own thoughts from driving it over the week, as a year of ownership tells a lot more than a week of hooning!

If you like, share some photos of your Pathfinder!

I use some of what you have to say in the review! (Scheduled release: 20th September)

Cheers all :)

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Pathfinder SV 4x4
876 Posts
Loves are the seating comfort, ride, handling, power and they are a bargain when bought used. It's a large, versatile and capable vehicle for reasonable money.

Hates: info entertainment and HVAC controls are awkward and redundant.

Fuel economy is poor. My ~400hp, V8 powered light truck gets better average fuel economy.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Pros: Smooth ride, large vehicle, affordable pricing compared to other vehicles this size, powerful v6 engine and not stuck with a gas guzzling crappy turbo.

Cons: Lack of any technology whatsoever

Overall, I love my PF, it didn't break the bank to get it, and its alot of vehicle with very little to have to envy others.

·
Super Moderator
2015 Pathfinder SL - Tech 4WD
2,769 Posts
Why I bought mine:
  • Sliding 2rd row
  • One of the most roomier 3rd rows in the segment, can fit adults there
  • You get a lot for your money without having to buy the top of the line (premium audio, 2nd row heated seats, memory seats/mirrors, panoramic sunroof, tow ready, heated steering wheel, tri-zone climate control, remote start...
  • Comfortable ride

Cons
  • Navigation algorithm is not the best
  • Rear brakes last less than 40k km
  • Radiator fans last about 100k km. Not covered under powertrain warranty
  • By the time I got mine others offered Android/Car Play. LED headlights, rearview mirror markers... not this one
  • Built quality and reliability is lower than average
  • Low resale value
  • You are buying a car from a manufacturer that hasn't admitted selling thousands of units with crappy transmissions

·
Registered
358 Posts
Loves are the seating comfort, ride, handling, power and they are a bargain when bought used. It's a large, versatile and capable vehicle for reasonable money.

Hates: info entertainment and HVAC controls are awkward and redundant.

Fuel economy is poor. My ~400hp, V8 powered light truck gets better average fuel economy.
I agree on all points. Also the pathfinders payload and rear sag when loaded sucks. I have the Ram truck as well and I gotta say the gas usage certainly is not a big deal, it suprised me how good it turn out to be.

·
Registered
219 Posts
pro:
  • good value
  • big inside
  • comfortable ride
  • smooth acceleration
  • good l/100km when on highways

cons:
  • poor acceleration
  • 1000000 buttons
  • rear sag
  • poor resale

Since buying it, I've regretted it everytime I see a Highlander driving around :p

·
Super Moderator
2013 Pathfinder SL, Connecticut, USA
4,581 Posts
We bought ours to fulfill a specific need: the ability to tow 5000 lbs. while affording economical gas mileage. We refused to be saddled with a gas guzzler the rest of the year for the sake of enjoying maybe 5 camping trips annually. The verdict: mission accomplished. We average about 21 mpg, which is pretty good for a vehicle this size.

Beyond that, the other pros were seating for seven, two sunroofs (we have an SL Premium) and the comfy ride. The cons are the poor resale value due to all the reliability problems that Nissan has had with this vehicle, outdated tech and the poor quality of some of the parts like door handles and latches.

Reactions: MattBrandCars

·
Registered
876 Posts
I forgot to add to my "loves" list as others mentioned above. The ability to truly seat 7 people. Most 3-row SUVs have useless 3-row seating. Not so with the 2013+ pathfinder, although, if you are seating 6-7 people, you have very little capacity to fit anything else other than small stuff. With my family of 6 and 2 of my kids in their late teens, we got out of 16yrs straight of minivan ownership and into our 2019 Pathfinder.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everyone, really appreciate it. Even though the tech really is a huge letdown, it certainly has best-in-class practicality especially for carrying a full car of passengers! I've finished editing the review, now up for those interested :)

·
Registered
358 Posts
Matt I hate to tell you this, but they installed your steering wheel on the wrong side... :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
46 Posts
I bought mine used a few years back. Great to mod Done a ton with lights internal and external. Smooth ride and big trunk. Pretty easy to work on as well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
G'day everyone! My name is Matt and I run the Car Review YouTube channel Matt Brand Cars (link for those interested: MattBrandCars)

Nissan has given me a 2020 Pathfinder and I wanted to know from owners: What do you love about your Pathfinder? What do you hate?

I love to get the opinions of those who actually live with the car as well as my own thoughts from driving it over the week, as a year of ownership tells a lot more than a week of hooning!

If you like, share some photos of your Pathfinder!

I use some of what you have to say in the review! (Scheduled release: 20th September)

Cheers all :)
View attachment 15611
Good day James here I currently own a 2018 Nissan Pathfinder SL. I love the fact that my car has 3 rows allows me to spend time with my grandkids allows for great flexibility with storage. But unfortunately my hate list is a lot more extensive. And quite honestly it’s a little disheartening because I have always had Nissan products even for my children. From Maximas to Altimas to Sentra but this pathfinder has destroyed my faith in the brand. Too many recalls to much oil burning and soot cleaning and the mileage is horrendous. It really bothers me to say it but I am truly disappointed in this product. Thanks for allowing the honesty good luck with your endeavor

·
Registered
876 Posts
Too many recalls to much oil burning and soot cleaning and the mileage is horrendous. It really bothers me to say it but I am truly disappointed in this product. Thanks for allowing the honesty good luck with your endeavor
Could you elaborate on the soot cleaning and oil burning? I hear you on the sketchy quality and poor fuel economy. Our 2019 indicates 18mpg average per the dash on a good day.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Could you elaborate on the soot cleaning and oil burning? I hear you on the sketchy quality and poor fuel economy. Our 2019 indicates 18mpg average per the dash on a good day.
Lots of idling? Ever reset your mpg? Drove 450 mi yesterday, mostly highway 73-73mph but also 2 stops idling for 20 each min for kid reasons. 27 mpg for the trip.

·
Registered
219 Posts
another thing I hate that I just found out... the 3rd row heat does not do anything.

Tried all the combinations and could not get anything to come out of the 3rd row vents on the side. Seems that this is normal according to other posts?

·
Registered
358 Posts
Those 3rd row vents are only for AC. Heat comes from the floor only or so Ive been told by forums, dealers etc. etc.
.. the 3rd row heat does not do anything.

Tried all the combinations and could not get anything to come out of the 3rd row vents on the side. Seems that this is normal according to other posts?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Those 3rd row vents are only for AC. Heat comes from the floor only or so Ive been told by forums, dealers etc. etc.
Really? Jeez... I knew I should have stuck with my gut and purchased the Highlander. What engineer though this would be a good idea? Kids freeze in 2nd and 3rd row waiting for heat.

I stuck my hand below the front row seat trying to feel for heat blowing out, and it barely trickles out.

·
Super Moderator
2015 Pathfinder SL - Tech 4WD
2,769 Posts
another thing I hate that I just found out... the 3rd row heat does not do anything.

Read this.

We do expect to have warm air blowing into our faces but remember that the most efficient way to heat any room is from the floor up as hot air naturally flows up.
I always remote start the vehicle during Winter so the engine is warm and ready to transfer heat to the cabin by the time I start driving.

·
Registered
308 Posts
What I love:
  • Great Value
  • Good MPG
  • Comfort
  • Tow Capacity
  • Room
What I hate:
  • No Android/Apple Integration
  • Reviewers seem to underestimate it.
  • i-4WD. Could have more options. Would like an option to lock front and rear axles.
  • Ground Clearance. 1-2 more inches would be nice
  • Look could be a little more sportier and less soccer mom. (Don't be hating)

·
Registered
165 Posts
2016 SV
pros
  • Super quiet operation/exhaust tones
  • no fading matte finish plastics
  • comfy seating for 6.0+ tall people
  • easy to repair at home
  • stylish looks up to date
  • 21 mpg is middle of the road 28+ should be standard with today's tech
cons
  • Cons: pure lack of any current date technology (Bluetooth doesn't count since it came out in 2000, 20 year old tech)
  • basic electric motors faliure
  • weight to HP ratio not equal
  • outdated halogen lighting
  • brake hardware
  • no front undercarriage protection
Just rolled 100k miles X'd fingers it survives till the 3rd trans fluid change

1 - 20 of 21 Posts