Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Well there is lots of TT/camper threads here for you to browse. If you read most of them you should get an idea on what people are getting and suitable to tow with the Pathy. There is lots of people sharing their experience, tools, tips, techniques etc. and differences in opinions as well giving you a broader perspective. Use the search bar, it may speed up you search.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well there is lots of TT/camper threads here for you to browse. If you read most of them you should get an idea on what people are getting and suitable to tow with the Pathy. There is lots of people sharing their experience, tools, tips, techniques etc. and differences in opinions as well giving you a broader perspective. Use the search bar, it may speed up you search.
Thanks I will keep continue searching and try to find new posts about it. But if someone wants to share what they are towing lately it would be appreciate.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Thanks I will keep continue searching and try to find new posts about it. But if someone wants to share what they are towing lately it would be appreciate.
I tow a Dutchmen Kodiak Cub. 4400# actual weight. 20 feet long. I do not recommend doing this for the feint of heart or in real mountain country. Try to stay under 4000# for travel trailer Gross Vehicle Weight.
Look at some of the molded fiberglass units with rounded corners on all edges both front and rear. Folding TT or Tent campers would be better.
I just posted the details of my towing experience on a previous thread. See it there if you like.

·
Registered
2019 Pathfinder SL Premium
17 Posts
I tow a 2018 Apex Nano 193bhs with my 2019 SL. Works well, but I wouldn't go much bigger. Use a Blue Ox Sway Pro. Planning to install air bags soon to help with the rear sag.

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Pathfinder SV AWD Tow Package Pearl White
2 Posts
Have a 2016 Pathfinder SV AWD equipped with tow package. Picked up a 2021 coachmen nano apex 194bhs and have a trip coming up in the next week. So far I have picked it up and moved it to where we will be storing it and the Pathfinder handled it very well. The TT is around 3400 lbs dry. Got a break controller installed and seems to be very helpful but I am still learning. Curious if anyone needed to get a transmission cooler or tow mirrors. I planned on getting both eventually but can’t find tow mirrors that look great or have great reviews. I will also be monitoring transmission temp via android app cvtz50 to be on the safe side. I’ve done a ton of research and since I will have my family of 5 and 2 dogs in the vehicle riding along for the trips I want to be as safe as possible. The pathfinder has been a great vehicle for my family and if I do not have to upgrade it with my current set-up that would be ideal. :) If there are any threads for the questions I have please point me in that direction. Thanks in advance!

·
Administrator
2013 Pathfinder SL, Connecticut, USA
4,840 Posts
If there are any threads for the questions I have please point me in that direction. Thanks in advance!
Welcome to the forum! As a newbie, I suggest that you enter the terms transmission cooler and tow mirrors in the Search Community box above, as there have been discussions on both topics.

Reactions: Alpha Wulf

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have a 2020 PF SL and we tow a 20FT 2013 Jayco 184BH, 2700lb dry, 3500lb loaded. The PF does very well. I use 'auto' and 'tow mode' and it pulls well at 100kmph (60mph). I set cruise at 100kmph and it keeps up with it. Up large hills (not too many large hills here in Saskatchewan though haha) I take cruise off. I can definitely feel the trailer back there. I have a Curt Weight Distribution Hitch (WDH), which helps a lot to distribute the weight, I wouldn't pull without it.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Sounds like the perfect scenario for the Pathy to me. How often do use the camper?

Reactions: Kenny B
1 - 16 of 16 Posts