Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey gang. Decided to swap out the DRL lights (these are the bulbs on the high-beam side that stick up from the bottom).. Anybody know what bulb it is? I've seen 2 answers and neither appear right....
And lastly, how hard to swap? Makes me nervous cuz it's from underneath...:eek:

·
Registered
215 Posts
Hey gang. Decided to swap out the DRL lights (these are the bulbs on the high-beam side that stick up from the bottom).. Anybody know what bulb it is? I've seen 2 answers and neither appear right....
And lastly, how hard to swap? Makes me nervous cuz it's from underneath...:eek:

It's the parking light, it's a 5w5 buld. The passenger side isn't bad, the drivers side I had to remove the fuse box top to squeeze my hand under the headlight. It's not too difficult, just 1/4 turn and pull down.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

HEADLIGHT ASSEMBLY

HIGH - 60WATT HB3
LOW - H11 55WATT
PARK - W5W 5 WATT

Thanks for the replies gang!

Isn't the W5W a 194 bulb? Found plenty! (If it's the U.S. 194)
MM

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
The W5W seems to be just a regular T10 wedge style bulb

·
Registered
215 Posts

HEADLIGHT ASSEMBLY

HIGH - 60WATT HB3
LOW - H11 55WATT
PARK - W5W 5 WATT

Thanks for the replies gang!

Isn't the W5W a 194 bulb? Found plenty! (If it's the U.S. 194)
MM
T10/T15 wedge base bulb like the w5w, can be replaced with the following bulb sizes: 158,161, 168, 194, 2821, 2823, 2825, 2827

·
Registered
19 Posts
I played with my parking lights tonight, put in a T10 24 smd...looked really good but didnt match stock low beams. Made the low beams seem really yellow so swapped them back to stock. Any suggestions for low beams besides retrofits?

·
Registered
215 Posts
I played with my parking lights tonight, put in a T10 24 smd...looked really good but didnt match stock low beams. Made the low beams seem really yellow so swapped them back to stock. Any suggestions for low beams besides retrofits?
As long as you keep using halogen bulbs you will never get close to the color of leds

·
Registered
19 Posts
thats the key thing, all the dull lighting people dont like are halogen unless in a projector which helps. LED is the best thing to go with
Thanks, would love to have HIDs but dont want to spend the money on a retro...so was looking at buying silver stars or PIAA. Just looking to see if anyone ha recommendations.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
They do sell some halogens that are more "white" compared to stock. But it probably wont match the blueish white of the LEDs.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I know they are T10/compatible... there are different versions of LED bulbs though which is what I am asking about. Should have clarified I guess. 18 LED, 32 LED, 60 LED etc?
haha ok NP me I got a 10 LED make very good look

1 - 20 of 20 Posts