Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Nissan Pathfinder (SL) FWD
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Considering adding the factory towing option to my 22 PF (SL). As it didn't come with the towing package from the factory, I realize I'll be limited to 3,500 lbs. for towing capacity. Shame that I can't get the full towing capacity (6000 lbs.) after the fact.

With this in mind, for those that opted to add the factory towing option (after delivery), what are you towing with your PF within the 3500 lbs. of limited towing capacity? In particular, anyone towing a camper trailer, if so which one?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Considering adding the factory towing option to my 22 PF (SL). As it didn't come with the towing package from the factory, I realize I'll be limited to 3,500 lbs. for towing capacity. Shame that I can't get the full towing capacity (6000 lbs.) after the fact.

With this in mind, for those that opted to add the factory towing option (after delivery), what are you towing with your PF within the 3500 lbs. of limited towing capacity? In particular, anyone towing a camper trailer, if so which one?
I am in the same predicament as you, and am interested to know if there is a boat around 22'-25' long under 3500 lb. If someone has a recommendation I would appreciate it.

·
Registered
2019 Pathfinder S, 2002 Pathfinder SE 4x4
70 Posts
Check the GCVW for your Pathy which I think is 10,000 lbs, then subtract the weight of the car with fuel, passengers and load in the car to get how much how you can tow. Just don't go over the GCVW. And - most important - read the owners manual for breaking in a Pathy as a tow vehicle - you'll be surprised ... 'nuff said. Oh, and watch the tongue weight, you may need a weight distributing hitch to level the rig.

·
Registered
11 Posts

I tow my pressure washing trailer. It's probably only 2500 lbs. I barley know it's there especially compared to my 2014 Explorer Sport. The one thing I don't like is having to toggle through the dash pages to shut off the emergency braking. Is should automatically shut off when driving in TOW mode. Nissan missed this big time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts