Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife's 2013 PF has soaking wet drivers side carpet. Originally she just took the floor mats out which were wet thinking that she spilled something but after a couple of days she said that now the carpet is wet. She has no sunroof so I ruled out a sunroof drain leak. Any one else have this problem or know where the moisture may be coming from???

·
Super Moderator
2013 Pathfinder SL, Connecticut, USA
4,254 Posts
Also have them look to see if water is coming in from underneath.

Years ago, when I owned a Datsun, I had a wet carpet in the back seat and it ended up being improper sealing of the body joints. Also, crawl underneath and see if there are any drain plugs loose. I have no idea if they still use those, but I've heard of that being the cause of wet carpets.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it might be the weather stripping.
have you taken it to the dealer as yet?
No, we are you of warranty but I'll take a good look at it. It's only wet on the flat surface right before the slope up to the pedals and probably 8-10 back towards the drivers seat.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I seem to remember another member of this forum having a similar problem. You should search around. I think it was condensation from the AC... maybe a clogged drain line?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I seem to remember another member of this forum having a similar problem. You should search around. I think it was condensation from the AC... maybe a clogged drain line?
Anyone know where the A/C condensation drain is located???

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just did some more checking and found that the passengers side is also wet and it feels like it is coming from the center console area. Any ideas of what in that area could be my culprit?

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have exactly the same problem on my PF 2013. Workshop wants 900 USD to dry out and fix leak. Car has never been off-road or abused. BUT, they found a damage from outside, basically a hole under the drivers "left foot". Seems to be thin floor pan and must have got hit at one stage. So, pay and be happy...?

Attachments

·
Registered
112 Posts
You need to use a carpet extraction to suck water from the carpet. Loosen the carpet by removing the floor side plastic trim and 2 plastic screw by the passenger footwell. Lift the carpet underliner and you will find more water trapped in the bare metal floor under the styrofoam sound absorber.

Suck the water out with a wet vacuum. Once emptied, blow dry. I used an industrial vacuum that can blow air at a flip of a lever. I did this for two days to completely dry the carpet and underliner. I used a hairdryer too. Place lots of baking soda in a shallow pan or charcoal to absorb odor and moisture that evaporates.

And oh, disconnect the battery so it will not drain while doors are open with the complementary lights on.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
112 Posts
If you don't have a carpet extractor, you can rent from Walmart. Carpet doctor I think.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Thanks guys for the recommendations. Had Nissan do the work, paid reluctantly after a "workshop manager's discount" (need the car), but will drive this higher. It seems what I thought was a "hole" letting light in (in the first picture), was actually a reflection in the water of a lamp. The technician said tonight there was no damage but the leak was due to what seems to be a cracked seal around a plug. See attached pictures. Also, the local "5 year warranty" is not actually 5 years, but a 3 year "bumper-to-bumper" plus an extended 2 year warranty basically only covering vital parts, like engine and gearbox... Mine is exactly 4 years today... Am I screwed? Maybe, but I won't go down without screaming... (ended up paying 620 USD for the carpet removal, dry up, re-install after plug seal improvement - was lot's of work...)
This sharing more for everyone's reference than anything else...

Attachments

·
Registered
112 Posts
Ouch. That hurts the wallet. A local good shop could have save you a two thirds of that amount if you are not handy.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My wife's 2013 PF has soaking wet drivers side carpet. Originally she just took the floor mats out which were wet thinking that she spilled something but after a couple of days she said that now the carpet is wet. She has no sunroof so I ruled out a sunroof drain leak. Any one else have this problem or know where the moisture may be coming from???
#goflick... did you ever get to the bottom of why the drivers side carpets are wet... I have the same issues and your comments are the most similar and I’m trying to find a solution... thanks in advance??

1 - 17 of 17 Posts