Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2019 pathfinder platinum
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all .
I'm baffled I swapped out my 20s for 17 inch mags and tires tires are new and mags are used but straight .after the swap 1st garage could nt program wheel sensors cause there tool ob2 wire was busted ,2nd they did an alignment but now it's like my steering wheel shakes back forth and the front end feels as it is hoping .the garage said tires are balanced a.d I checked the weights are there as for shake and hop they say on there road test at 50kmh it was ok ....I was like really cause the steering skake starts at 70kmh and wheel hop to and at 140kmh its nasty .
Tech said it could be that my breaks in front are almost finished under 10% left but yet I took wheel off and compared to new pad and I'm well above 45%.so I'm stumped. For tpms sensor programing ill just buy my own tool but for alignment because I went from 20s to 17s don't they have to manual enter tire size in the alignment machine to get best result.

·
Administrator
2013 Pathfinder SL, Connecticut, USA
4,718 Posts
In my experience, steering wheel shakes are often caused by the hub bore on the wheel being slightly larger than the hub. This can be fixed with concentric hub rings.

The Pathfinder R52 center bore spec is 66.1 mm.

·
Registered
2019 pathfinder platinum
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In my experience, steering wheel shakes are often caused by the hub bore on the wheel being slightly larger than the hub. This can be fixed with concentric hub rings.

The Pathfinder R52 center bore spec is 66.1 mm.
That's what I thought to,mag spec it 70.1 .so I had hub rings for 66.1 to 70.1 they fit tight and the wheel nuts are eggcorn.and mags are true as straight.so I have no clue.

·
Administrator
2015 Pathfinder SL - Tech 4WD
2,902 Posts
You could also try "road force balancing". The wheel balance is done with a weight on it.
They did this to mine under warranty and the test showed that 3 of my rims needed replacement, although the vibration ended being something else.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts