Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

161 - 180 of 183 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,005 Posts
:welcome: to the forum, Terry! It's interesting that the Pathfinder sorta just fell into your lap and you discovered how useful it will be in your life situation.

Yeah, it's great for growing families and fills a lot of the buckets that people have, but off-roading and customizations are not among them. This gen of Pathfinder is really more of a minivan upgrade so you won't find many third parties offering customization kits for our vehicles. As you discover the forum more, you will see what some of our members have done to personalize their Pathy.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello! I traded my 13 Civic Si for a 16 Pathfinder Platinum edition. I was looking at the Explorer and the 4Runner but being as I worked at Nissan I was given one **** of a deal on a demo we had been using to shuttle customers around. I will say when I first brought it home I was extremely impressed by the way it drove. It was very comfortable and had better mpg numbers than the 4runner. I thought about all the ways I would "ACTUALLY" use the vehicle and realized that as much as I think I need an off road 4x4 rock crawling machine I really do more spirited driving and long 10+ hour road trips. So the Pathfinder was a great choice for me. With an expanding family and an 80lb dog it was the perfect setup for me. I truly have come to appreciate the CVT vs the one I had in my 2012 Sentra which I hated with a passion and traded in after only 8 months of ownership for my 13 Civic Si. The Pathfinder has enough snot to get out of its own way. I just wish there was a way to put a nice exhaust on it and a way to tune it for more power.
Rock crawling- no, but I have discovered it can handle some crappy weather situations- sloppy slushy snow, no problem, no fishtailing, just slowed down. As note, the work Explorer got stuck in this and had to be pushed out. Mud, about 6 inches worth ( found myself driving in a farm field the day after much rain), no problems at all, and I was in 2wd!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello. I just purchased a 2013 Nissan Pathfinder SV for my wife. I think it drives great; so nice in fact that I wouldn't mind letting my wife drive my 2013 BMW 328i for a while! :) But she drove her 2001 Nissan Xterra for almost 10 years now; so for her, getting an upgrade is long overdue. I look forward to learning from you guys and hopefully be able to share new information back in return. Alex

·
Super Moderator
4,005 Posts
Yup! We're a Pathy and Bimmer family too, Alex. My wife much prefers her Pathy and I'd rather have it that way, if you know what I mean. :sFun_whistle:

Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Welcome to PathfinderTalk, the internet's largest 2013+ Nissan Pathfinder Forum. We ask as a new member that you post an introduction so we can get to know you a bit better. Tell us a bit about your driving history, and why you love/hate the Pathfinder.

We hope you enjoy our community and we are very happy to have you join us!

Your PathFinderTalk Staff
testing post.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Welcome to PathfinderTalk, the internet's largest 2013+ Nissan Pathfinder Forum. We ask as a new member that you post an introduction so we can get to know you a bit better. Tell us a bit about your driving history, and why you love/hate the Pathfinder.

testing post.

·
Registered
2 Posts
G'day. I own an Australian-model 2018 R52 Pathfinder ST 4x4 (it's an S with some features added on). Have had it since new. Brilliant car. A very enjoyable drive and it carries the kids with ease.

It does mostly highway driving but we're starting to use it to get out more. It goes like the clappers on gravel and dirt.

Cheers!

·
Super Moderator
4,005 Posts
G'day. I own an Australian-model 2018 R52 Pathfinder ST 4x4 (it's an S with some features added on). Have had it since new. Brilliant car. A very enjoyable drive and it carries the kids with ease.

It does mostly highway driving but we're starting to use it to get out more. It goes like the clappers on gravel and dirt.

Cheers!
Welcome to the forum, mate!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey, just registered. Looking at the '14 PF, but still on the fence given the transmission woes. Love the vehicle and the packaging but a little anxious about the CVT.
Make sure they update the software at the same time as the hardware if you have issues... that fixed mine

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi guys,
Just inherited the wife’s old bus at Christmas time when I surprised her with a new Mazda... unfortunately had to sell my beach rig for this to happen so am in the process of making my 2014 PF more off-road capable. Even at standard height with road tyres, I was pretty impressed with the 4wd capability of it and managed to get it into a few spots (unaided) me and my mates never thought it’d get to. Just lifted it and found a set of good steelies to run all-terrain on it and quite happy with the results. Gonna make a pretty decent project I reckon

·
Super Moderator
4,005 Posts
Welcome to the forum, DarkPyrate! If you do a search for "sand" in the Search box, you will find a few threads on off-roading on sand.

·
Registered
2 Posts

Proud owner 2013 Pathfinder, Nissan for life!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Proud owner 2013 Pathfinder, Nissan for life!
We live in Wilmington, NC and have been owners of Nissan products for over 17 years.
Bought a 1991 Sentra and drove it for 617K, son ran it out of antifreeze.
Bought a 2009 Sentra in 2010, it has 357k and still going strong.
Bought the 2013 Pathfinder SV, and had a lot of upgrades done. Leather interior and towing package.
It has 116K and still running great. Very happy.

·
Registered
2 Posts

Hi All
Have had a Pthfinder 2007 for 4 yrs. Happy chappie:)
I reside in Australia and enjoy my vehicle

·
Super Moderator
4,005 Posts
Welcome! Most of the discussion on this board is the new-gen crossover Pathfinder, but we do have a section for the older models here.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Thanks for letting me join your community, I've just bought a 2007 Aventura, having moved from a Land Rover Discovery3, previously owned a XTrail which never let me down, after having had nothing but trouble and spending a considerable amount of money on the Land Rover, I made the decision to buy the Pathfinder looking forward to many miles of trouble free motoring and taking part in discussions on the forum.
Regards
Stumo52

161 - 180 of 183 Posts