Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

141 - 160 of 183 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm a new owner of SV 2015 4x4 pathfinder bought in Ontario. This is my first SUV and I bough it to accommodate some towing that I'm planning to do (boat + light travel trailer). I'm glad to be able to join this forum. Thanks!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just ordered a new Pathfinder Ti (I believe Ti is the Australian equivalent to the stateside Platinum) and am awaiting delivery in 2-3 weeks.

I am currently driving a 2011 Holden Commodore SV6 SII sedan, and also have a 2009 Rav4 which the wife uses mainly as a family car nipping to the shops etc. (We have 2 young kids 2.5Y and 3 months.)

I am buying the Pathfinder mainly for work as I am a field Engineer and drive roughly 20,000km a year, this car will be replacing the SV6 which is a great driving car but its not a great young family car and there was no point on passing this car on to my wife.

I was originally looking at the Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland which I really wanted, but only being 5 seats and the boot (Trunk for you Yanks) is quite high and not really that big and this was a put off for my wife.

I agreed that I would be safer buying a larger car keeping it for 2-3 years (depreciate it through my tax) and palm it off to my wife and then start again with a car that I really want for myself.

I looked at the Toyota Kluger (Highlander) in the Grande Trim (highest) but the wife preferred the shape of the old model Kluger (pre 2014) compared to the newer one, the Pathfinder is similar shape to the old Kluger and is physically larger, better equipped and cheaper than the new Kluger.

Ti 4x4 in Ivory Pearl.
Factory side steps
Rear scuff plate
Bonnet Protector
Tow Package
Extended Warranty

I think this covers the Intro, I'm sure I will have a few questions for some of you veteran Pathys.

·
Super Moderator
4,005 Posts
:welcome: to the forum, Hendy, and thanks for the great review you posted in the Reviews section! :goodjob:

·
Registered
3 Posts
2013 Pathfinder SV

My wife and I just traded in our 2012 Chevrolet Traverse 1LT in Black Granite Metallic for a 2013 Nissan Pathfinder SV in Brilliant Silver.
We have been blessed with our third child and had to find a solution for the car seat situation that we had with the Traverse. My wife and I went to our local Nissan dealer and talked to our favorite salesman (he's practically family) and found the perfect fit. Our traverse was going to need new tires, and to make the car seat situation work, our five year old would have to sit in the back of the car, but we would have no access for him to get back there, as our two year old and newborn would have to be in car seats in front of him, I would have to swap out the 2nd row bench for captains chairs. I did a bit of research and found the seats, and luckily we happened to find the perfect vehicle for our growing family in the Pathfinder.
We were able to put our five year old's seat in the back (and he can finally buckle himself in), put the baby in front of him, and put the two year old on the other side.
We made some significant upgrades in the model change, as the SV has bluetooth, intelligent key, backup camera, 4WD, and integration with my ipod along with a few other little things.
I am so happy to be back into another Nissan, as my first car was an 87 Nissan Maxima, my parents have had Maximas for many years, and my wife drives a 2007 Nissan Sentra. Our garage is now full of two silver Nissans...
I look forward to learning more about our vehicles here and hope to share useful information. Thank you all for allowing me to be here.
-David

·
Super Moderator
4,005 Posts
Welcome to the forum, David! You're in good company because many of us here feel that this Pathfinder platform suits our needs perfectly.

Nissan as a company is not as good as it once used to be and, as you'll read as you get more familiar with the forum, many are not pleased with how they respond to problems. Hopefully, you'll be in the majority of owners who have a vehicle that is trouble free.

:welcome:

·
Registered
4 Posts
New here!

Hey all!

Wanted to introduce myself.
I live in Alberta Canada.

Just got myself a 2015 PF SL.

Few light Mods:
-Roof rack crossbars
-Front bumper guard
-Running boards
-Rear steel bumper protector
-Intake (coming soon... :sFun_mischieviousbi )

Happy to be part of this forum!
Will post more pics later.. :54:

Ben

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
4,005 Posts
:welcome: Ben! You're likely to be a pretty popular guy around here. A lot of people wanna do the mods you've done. :54:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Fresh to the forum. I've read a lot of info regarding electronic mods, and they're quite helpful.
We've got a '13 Pathy.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hello all. new member here. member on a forum for my other car, 2010 VW diesel Jetta. so understand forum use and will try not to bore people with useless posts. Usually do my own car maintenance. Grew up in my dads Texaco service station. anyone remember those??? you drive in, the bell goes 'ding ding' and guys come running out (yes we RAN out, not walk) fill her up? check your oil? check tire pressures? lets wash those windows!

screen name is because I have spent the last 30 years working graveshift as an airline mechanic. not for Boeing. as I tell my Boeing employed friends, I have to fix Boeings mistakes.

The wife just got a '15 Pathfinder used with 25,000 miles. She likes it so far. She even let me drive it once.......To the dealer to get the 2 extra keys made we were promised at purchase. They tried to convince us that one key is the norm for purchasing a car. when we balked and got up to walk out without purchasing they said OK on 2nd key. I told them to get us to sit back down it will now be 2 spare keys.

It was her 2nd choice car. Her first choice was at another Nissan dealer that had a used '15 Murano with 4,000 miles. but when we popped the hood it was covered in rat turds and holes chewed in intake plenum. Dealer said OH WELL... that will just clean right up. non negotiable price. We ran from that car.

·
Super Moderator
4,005 Posts
:welcome: to the forum! Yeah, we are finding that there are all kinds of dealerships out there. Some seem to work against you more than help you. I'm glad you stood your ground on the keys.

This forum will help you do more of that. We will debunk some of the B.S. that the dealers dish out and you'll have the experience of hundreds of members to vouch for you when issues occur. Hopefully, those will be minimal. Good luck and congratulations on your purchase. We look forward to your participation!

·
Registered
1 Posts
New member here...my wife and I traded in our 2010 Honda Pilot Touring for a 2016 Nissan Pathfinder Platinum w/DVD Headrests, and roof crossbars. Really thought we were going to keep the Pilot longer than three years but it seemed to have one problem after another (brake pads/rotors, transmission solenoid, alternator/battery). Between the two of us we have had Nissans before (Quest, Maxima, Xterra) so we are glad to be back. First choice was a Dodge Durango Citadel but the price wasn't low enough; I had worried about the CVT issue I read about while researching cars months ago.

Looking forward to learning a lot on this forum.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2013 Pathfinder owner in Seattle

Hello, I just bought a 2013 Pathfinder in Cayenne Red a couple days ago. Love it so far. My family finally moved on from the Honda Odyssey mini van. Sad to see it go - Not! Glad to have a 4x4 again. I'm still trying to figure out how things work and operate, and this looks like the prefect place to do it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello! I traded my 13 Civic Si for a 16 Pathfinder Platinum edition. I was looking at the Explorer and the 4Runner but being as I worked at Nissan I was given one **** of a deal on a demo we had been using to shuttle customers around. I will say when I first brought it home I was extremely impressed by the way it drove. It was very comfortable and had better mpg numbers than the 4runner. I thought about all the ways I would "ACTUALLY" use the vehicle and realized that as much as I think I need an off road 4x4 rock crawling machine I really do more spirited driving and long 10+ hour road trips. So the Pathfinder was a great choice for me. With an expanding family and an 80lb dog it was the perfect setup for me. I truly have come to appreciate the CVT vs the one I had in my 2012 Sentra which I hated with a passion and traded in after only 8 months of ownership for my 13 Civic Si. The Pathfinder has enough snot to get out of its own way. I just wish there was a way to put a nice exhaust on it and a way to tune it for more power.

141 - 160 of 183 Posts