Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

61 - 80 of 179 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi Everyone!

Just recently picked up a new 2014 Pathfinder Platinum! So far I'm pretty happy with it. Smooth drive and very comfortable for long trips. Was originally looking at Toyota Highlander. But for features, price and dealer being more flexible I decided to go Pathfinder. Looking forward to some accessory upgrades and getting tips from everyone!

·
Registered
1 Posts
New to Pathfinder family

Purchased a 2014 Pathfinder SV past Sunday. Enjoying it thus far and will be visiting this forum often as I like to do all the maintenance on my cars. Already using forum to get tips on linking phone to car for music playback. Haven't figured out the Bluetooth dongle set up yet but hope tips here help.

·
Super Moderator
3,879 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Sanson! If you can't figure it out, feel free to post your question and I'm sure someone will help you figure it out. :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi my name is Sam and I recently purchased the last of the big Pathfinders.

Welcome to PathfinderTalk, the internet's largest 2013+ Nissan Pathfinder Forum. We ask as a new member that you post an introduction so we can get to know you a bit better. Tell us a bit about your driving history, and why you love/hate the Pathfinder.

We hope you enjoy our community and we are very happy to have you join us!

Your PathFinderTalk Staff
I originally leased a 2006 pathfinder and had every intention of buying when my lease was up loved it,, Then Gas hit $4.00 a Gallon and a CRV made so much more sense. I missed my Pathfinder so much especially when I went upstate. when they started making the new Pathfinder I was so upset that they made the pathfinder like every other crossover I just had to grab a 2012.. about a year of searching and I finally got my baby that I want to make my own, I want to keep her for the next 8 years and would appreciate any help in making my baby as fun to drive as possible... My biggest problem is with suspension at this point when switching lanes or exiting ramps on Highway it feels like she doesn't want to hold the ground... anyone else have this problem? Bought a pair of Good year Kevlar now told I have a bad rear shock... any suggestions on shocks? Nothing is too good for my baby... oh yeah front suspension checks out perfect... Thank you for your help.... Sam

·
Super Moderator
3,879 Posts
I originally leased a 2006 pathfinder and had every intention of buying when my lease was up loved it,, Then Gas hit $4.00 a Gallon and a CRV made so much more sense. I missed my Pathfinder so much especially when I went upstate. when they started making the new Pathfinder I was so upset that they made the pathfinder like every other crossover I just had to grab a 2012.. about a year of searching and I finally got my baby that I want to make my own, I want to keep her for the next 8 years and would appreciate any help in making my baby as fun to drive as possible... My biggest problem is with suspension at this point when switching lanes or exiting ramps on Highway it feels like she doesn't want to hold the ground... anyone else have this problem? Bought a pair of Good year Kevlar now told I have a bad rear shock... any suggestions on shocks? Nothing is too good for my baby... oh yeah front suspension checks out perfect... Thank you for your help.... Sam
Hi Sam! Since you quoted our welcome in this section, I'm sure you're aware that this forum addresses the new crossover platform that you dislike and not the 2012 that you have.

Your vehicle is not that old and surely should not be experiencing the suspension issues that you mention. If you bought your 2012 Pathy from a dealer, they should be responsible for correcting the problem. If you bought from a private party, it sounds like they abused it and unfortunately, you're on the hook for getting it corrected. Go to a good reputable shop and have them give you a diagnosis. You are not likely to get much user experience here.

·
Registered
5 Posts
2014 Pathfinder Platinum

I almost wish I would have found this site before our purchase. I just bought my wife a 2014 Pathfinder Platinum on 10/21/14 and left the next day to head offshore. After reading all the issues with the CVT now I have second thoughts. She keeps telling me that she loves her new car so I will have to keep my fingers crossed on this one. I was impressed with the interior of the vehicle at the time of purchase, I just hope that it doesnt make me regret dropping 40k on it.

·
Super Moderator
3,879 Posts
Welcome to the site, CajunDad! If you read the posts on the forum more in depth, you will discover that it's actually a minority of members that have experienced the CVT issues. It is a frustrating problem to be sure, but most of us are confident that Nissan will eventually discover the root cause and correct the problem.

For now, I would say just enjoy your new vehicle and stop worrying about something that may not ever occur to you.

·
Registered
442 Posts
I almost wish I would have found this site before our purchase. I just bought my wife a 2014 Pathfinder Platinum on 10/21/14 and left the next day to head offshore. After reading all the issues with the CVT now I have second thoughts. She keeps telling me that she loves her new car so I will have to keep my fingers crossed on this one. I was impressed with the interior of the vehicle at the time of purchase, I just hope that it doesnt make me regret dropping 40k on it.
What Jay said: it's a great vehicle, enjoy it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
South of New Orleans in the big city of Houma.

Jay I have been reading on the forum and all over the internet and I am happy to see that not everyone experiences the CVT woes. Over all I love the vehicle and the best part is that the wife loves it even more. I havent gotten to drive it much because I work offshore 2 weeks a month and I picked it up the day before I left for work. I will be heading home on the 5th of Nov and I am looking forward to putting it on the highway for a little road trip.

·
Super Moderator
3,879 Posts
That will be something to look forward to for sure! :)

·
Registered
207 Posts
Welcome hank, enjoy your new ride !

I'm sure you will be a great source of info on how the 2015's perform.
Let us know of any great new features you discover.

·
Registered
2 Posts
2014 Pathfinder

Hey guys, just purchased a new 2014 Pathfinder, platinum, 4WD.
Ordered a bug deflector from the dealer, not here yet, (need these in Oklahoma). and read a post that I might not be pleased, I'll post re: that later.
I bought the Pathfinder on the strength of the great success i've had with my 2001 Infinity QxX4, hope to get the same with the Pathfinder.
knfmkr

·
Super Moderator
3,879 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Looking forward to your posts of experience with your new ride and questions. :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey Guys! Sharad here, just got a 2015 Nissan Pathfinder SL with tech Package. 12/23/2014. so far I have installed LED head light bulbs with ballast, as well as fog lights, and LED parking lights (which should be DRLs but are not). I look forward to interacting with everyone when the time comes in the summer to mod this thing :)

61 - 80 of 179 Posts