Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

1 - 20 of 179 Posts

·
Administrator
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Welcome to PathfinderTalk, the internet's largest 2013+ Nissan Pathfinder Forum. We ask as a new member that you post an introduction so we can get to know you a bit better. Tell us a bit about your driving history, and why you love/hate the Pathfinder.

We hope you enjoy our community and we are very happy to have you join us!

Your PathFinderTalk Staff

·
Super Moderator
3,857 Posts
Welcome to PathfinderTalk, the internet's largest 2013+ Nissan Pathfinder Forum. We ask as a new member that you post an introduction so we can get to know you a bit better. Tell us a bit about your driving history, and why you love/hate the Pathfinder.

I'd also suggest that you encourage new members complete their signature with their location (at least state/province) and which model and options they have. Those go a long way in helping to answer questions that often depend upon those factors.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
I'd also suggest that you encourage new members complete their signature with their location (at least state/province) and which model and options they have. Those go a long way in helping to answer questions that often depend upon those factors.
I noticed this on some other forums and it really does go a long way in helping everyone here. Great suggestion.

·
Super Moderator
3,857 Posts
I don't own a Pathfinder as yet, won't happen with my current situation, but it will happen eventually :)
You can still list your current ride(s) and you live someplace, don't you? :cool:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hey, just registered. Looking at the '14 PF, but still on the fence given the transmission woes. Love the vehicle and the packaging but a little anxious about the CVT.

·
Registered
207 Posts

I like this forum and have found a lot of valuable info here that helped in my decision.
Just bought a 14 SL PEMIUM. Will get it Wednesday.
Not new to pathfinders, I have had one many times before, and had one of first ones in ohio back when they were 3 doors in 1976.

Every few years I have traded it in for a new Nissan, usually a PF. I DID HAVE A quest once, and had 2 Muranos but went back to the PF since I really missed the 4 wheel drive. This time I traded my 2010 LE in. The only thing I will miss is the heated wheel. Don't care about the navigation system, since it only aggravated my with the terrible voice recognition. I usually found myself yelling at it anyway.

I have never had a serious issue with a Nissan product and have stuck with them since my First Z in 1974..
I am sure if there is problem with the CVT it will be taken care of properly, but I did tell the dealer that I want all the tsbs done before I pick it up and I'm on record with them about my expectations for service issues.
I'll be watching and logging again soon.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Hey, just registered. Looking at the '14 PF, but still on the fence given the transmission woes. Love the vehicle and the packaging but a little anxious about the CVT.
I took the chance with it anyway.
I have had 2 Muranos which have a CVT and never had a issue at all.
For the comfort and features for the money it's about the best vehicle on the road these days.
Ask a tow truck driver how many Nissans they pull compared to the other brands and you'll find that Nissan make a **** good product.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello,
I just got a new 2013 PF last Tues. I was told about the trans shudder before I bought it by a friend who works the parts dept. He says it has had a fix that pretty much has held up. I'm only 650 miles in and experience the shudder/judder, also a loose seal above the driver door. This am I got in it and the parking sensor failed because it was cold, my passenger air bag intermittently does not detect a person in the seat (and no it was not a child or dog).
I am a little leery of what my future will hold with this car as I have read over 11 pages in your forum of people having mainly trans problems. I am glad I bought the extended warranty

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Sadly it seems 2014 models still have the same problem, yet I think they mentioned it shouldn't. Just make sure you follow up with the dealer and make sure they do something about it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
New Pathfinder owner in Maryland.

I have had the Car since last week and we took it to Illinois for the Thanksgiving holiday to visit Family.

DVDs helped keep the kids occupied, car drove great, and the mileage was about what we expected (around 24 mostly on the highway).

We put on 2k miles on the trip out and back.

We are going from a Minivan (Toyota Sienna) that we put 200k miles on and we kept that vehicle for our 17 year old to drive.

Hoping to get 200k out of this one too.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I found a rear quarter panel window at a junkyard but don't know how to remove it. This is the window on the side of vehicle in the back. Any ideas?

·
Super Moderator
3,857 Posts
I found a rear quarter panel window at a junkyard but don't know how to remove it. This is the window on the side of vehicle in the back. Any ideas?
By your question, I'm assuming you have an older model Pathfinder? This forum is primarily for the years 2013 and 2014. You're welcome here, but there are only a few of us who have older PFs.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Hello, I am a new Forum member from Charlotte, NC. We have two Pathfinders, 2001 and 2008. I need info on how to program new keys for the 2001 Pathfinder.

·
Registered
2 Posts

I am driving 2007 Highlander. Nissan is new to me.

·
Registered
3 Posts
hello! my username is brisket. I live in southeast Kansas. just bought a 2013 pathfinder platinum. It will arrive next week, it is now in Colorado. I have a 2012 Nissan maxima that I am trading in on it. I love my maxima, but my wife drives it most of the time and she is disabled and is having a hard time getting in an out of it. I hope I like the pathfinder. I loved the maxima and it's power. the pathfinder is more of what we need thought.

1 - 20 of 179 Posts