Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ever since I bought my 2016 PF sv, it makes some odd rattling, or grinding type of noise while I’m on the freeway, although I’m pretty sure it not grinding! It sounds like it could be something to do with the door or trim maybe even the plastic trim under the car or wheel Wells, I’m not sure but it sure is annoying, any one else experiencing this irritating noise or no what it may be?

·
Administrator
2013 Pathfinder SL, Connecticut, USA
4,718 Posts
If you do a forum search for "rattling", I think you'll find your answer. I seem to remember someone having the same problem and it ended up being that one of the mud flaps behind the tire was loose.

Reactions: CarNerd

·
Registered
70 Posts
I believe it's the aero flap in front of the rear wheel.
From factory there are only two out of three fasteners on it.
I have the sound on passenger side too, have not gotten to fix it yet.

·
Registered
70 Posts
See post #8 here.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ever since I bought my 2016 PF sv, it makes some odd rattling, or grinding type of noise while I’m on the freeway, although I’m pretty sure it not grinding! It sounds like it could be something to do with the door or trim maybe even the plastic trim under the car or wheel Wells, I’m not sure but it sure is annoying, any one else experiencing this irritating noise or no what it may be?
Hi

Definitely this if......no rattle noise at lower speeds even on rough ground/roads. I had the same issue.....I can confirm that removal and reassembly of the door panel while easy, is a time consuming task.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Agree with kukx35de mine was the aero flap in front of the right rear tire - one of the factory fasteners popped out. I had one of those multi-size fastener kits off Amazon and fixed in 5 min - no more noise

1 - 6 of 6 Posts