Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 22 pathfinder and When I push the gas there is a weird noise coming from what sounds like the passenger side anyone else have this issue the dealer can here it just don’t know what it is

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Pathfinder SV 4x4
1,614 Posts
Need lots more info:

Describe the sound.

Under what conditions does the sound occur. Certain speed, direction, road surface, certain engine RPM, etc..etc.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It’s more like a rattle it happens all the time even when you push the gas from stop up until you hit 40 mph and the rpm’s stay around the 1 or a little over it sounds like it’s on the passenger side my pathfinder also it’s 4 wheel drive don’t know if that matters

·
Registered
16 Posts
Have been to the dealer twice on this issue. Like a low frequency rumble on the right side of the Pathfinder. Seems to happen around 60 MPH for me. Anyway, the service department says this is normal. I explain, the 10 other new cars I've owned in my life never made a sound comparable to that. I plan on taking it back again.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Have been to the dealer twice on this issue. Like a low frequency rumble on the right side of the Pathfinder. Seems to happen around 60 MPH for me. Anyway, the service department says this is normal. I explain, the 10 other new cars I've owned in my life never made a sound comparable to that. I plan on taking it back again.
I agree it’s not normal my dealership is getting Nissan involved now hopefully they will do the same for you

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a 22 pathfinder and When I push the gas there is a weird noise coming from what sounds like the passenger side anyone else have this issue the dealer can here it just don’t know what it is
I have the same issue. Rattling sound when pressing on gas...or going uphill. Seems like it makes that noise with any level of stress (other than cruising) to engine.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Can you tell what that sounds like? I suspect that it may be because the rear drive of the car is also faulty, or the steering shaft and tire unit have problems.
It's a rattling sound with any level of stress to engine. Also I have started to hear sound like 'water boiling' in cruising speed. In my case, it seems to be progressively getting worse.

·
Registered
7 Posts
It’s more like a rattle it happens all the time even when you push the gas from stop up until you hit 40 mph and the rpm’s stay around the 1 or a little over it sounds like it’s on the passenger side my pathfinder also it’s 4 wheel drive don’t know if that matters
In the exact same boat here. I have 22 pathfinder SL 4wd.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Call it good, bad or indifferent, my 2019 Pathfinder SV 4x4 has the same exact engine as the 2022. It's pinged and rattled pretty badly under light/moderate load since we bought it used in 2019 w/ 25K miles on it. You can also hear an obvious random misfire on a cold start idle that lasts until you take off. It's always done it and I attribute all of the above to the version of direct injection Nissan put on these engines. We currently have over 75K miles on it with no issues luckily.

·
Registered
2022 SL AWD Build Date Mar 2022
222 Posts
Call it good, bad or indifferent, my 2019 Pathfinder SV 4x4 has the same exact engine as the 2022. It's pinged and rattled pretty badly under light/moderate load since we bought it used in 2019 w/ 25K miles on it. You can also hear an obvious random misfire on a cold start idle that lasts until you take off. It's always done it and I attribute all of the above to the version of direct injection Nissan put on these engines. We currently have over 75K miles on it with no issues luckily.
Hey PoManz - my closest buddy also has a 2019 Pathfinder - loves it, too.
He has tried using premium gas (91 Octane), from time to time and tells me it gets rid of the occasional pinging and also gives the car smoother (and seemingly quicker) acceleration.
Do you think that might help?

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Hey PoManz - my closest buddy also has a 2019 Pathfinder - loves it, too.
He has tried using premium gas (91 Octane), from time to time and tells me it gets rid of the occasional pinging and also gives the car smoother (and seemingly quicker) acceleration.
Do you think that might help?
I wouldn't doubt it helps some. The problem is the cost of premium. Fuel prices are high enough. There's no way I'm going to put ~$5/gal premium in the beast given the best it gets is 19mpg day to day use. Even with regular 87oct, it goes though close to two tanks of fuel per week, which is around $150/week in fuel costs today.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I have same gargling noise on the high speed during rain in my 2021 Nissan Rogue SV with Premium package. I was able isolate this noise, and it is coming from sunroof.
I bet its a same issue with 2022 PF with sunroofs.

·
Registered
14 Posts
75mph for me. Same exact "dog whistle" type of noise you described.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have same gargling noise on the high speed during rain in my 2021 Nissan Rogue SV with Premium package. I was able isolate this noise, and it is coming from sunroof.
I bet its a same issue with 2022 PF with sunroofs.
Hmm, I might test this by taping all around the edges of the sunroof and see if I still hear the noise.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts