Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. Has any one had problems with warped rotors at low mileage on their 2022 Pathfinder?
Ours are pulsating and noisy and the vehicle has 16,000 miles. Dealer is telling me that is not covered under warranty. I have never had problems with Nissan brakes (Sentra, Maxima, Frontier, Xterra). Please let me know your experience. I am now worried that this will be a reoccurring event. Happy to part of the group!

·
Administrator
2015 Pathfinder SL - Tech 4WD
3,439 Posts
My rotors and pads were covered under warranty at 48k km as those were expected to last longer than that. I did have to pay for "brake maintenance" somewhere the 30k km mark to keep the warranty but at the end, it payed off.

There are infinite discussions on the web about warped rotors, many say that rotors don't warp and that the pulsation you are experiencing is due to uneven accumulation of brake pad material on them (I'm not saying its true or not). To fix it, you need to do at least 3 really hard braking events when cruising at about 60mph, hard enough that you smell burnt material. Then, let the brakes cool down without having the brakes applied. This is called "bedding" and should be done whenever you get new brakes, some say it also fixes vibration.
Might be worth trying.

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Pathfinder SV 4x4
1,541 Posts
Yes, unfortunately at 16K miles, these things can happen with any make/model.

Rear pads and rotors will typically be gone by 36K miles on Nissan products.

I've had raybestos element 3 pads and rotors on the front of our 2019 Pathfinder for about 17K miles now and so far so good, where these same make pads/rotors started pulsating on my 2019 Ram 1500 in 15K miles. Imma ride them out until they need to be replaced.

Reactions: Tutti57

·
Registered
2022 Nissan Pathfinder (SL) FWD
219 Posts
Yikes! No signs of rotors warping (yet) on my R53 (about 3400 miles). 🤞Have you tried contacting Nissan directly? They might be willing to help if the dealer won't.

·
Administrator
2015 Pathfinder SL - Tech 4WD
3,439 Posts
Yes, unfortunately at 16K miles, these things can happen with any make/model.

Rear pads and rotors will typically be gone by 36K miles on Nissan products.
Looking at Rockauto, it seems that the 2022+ uses different rear brake pads than the R52. Wonder if they finally replaced the rear brakes for a set more suitable for the size of this vehicle.

·
Registered
672 Posts
It could be that a pad got stuck and just wrecked the rotor. Could also be driving style, who knows?

I've heard those debates about them not warping too. I don't know what it is, but the surface isn't flat, so who cares what you call it, ha.

It's possible to warrant parts like this, but it's hard to say that it was a manufacturing defect, since for all they know, you could be towing a 60' boat through the mountains with it.

I will say not to skip brake services. Once something gets stuck, the life of something is going down. You've got a ton of force pushing on one side of the pad, but not much of anything to help go back the other way, so when thing stick, they tend to do so in the "on" position. The basy majority of brakes that I take apart have something stuck and are wearing unevenly. I guess you'll have to do the math on servicing vs replacing to see if it makes sense for you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
After much back and forth with the dealer, they are changing the front brakes for about half of the original quote. Fingers crossed that the next set lasts longer. Thank you all for the replies.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts