Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Pathfinder Platinum
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I believe the rapid beeping is notifies the driver when the door is closed with the key fob left inside...perhaps if you're trying to lock the vehicle with the key fob still inside.

Currently, the vehicle makes the rapid beeping sound everytime the driver's door is closed with the key fob inside (i.e. every time you drive it). Same thing for both key fobs and replaced batteries in both. Anyone know what's causing this/how I can get it to stop?

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
2015 Pathfinder SL - Tech 4WD
2,692 Posts
Are you saying this is happening every time you enter the vehicle, starts beeping as soon as you close the door and until you start the engine?
It should only sound when you turn off the engine, open the driver's door and then close it with the key fob inside.

·
Registered
2013 Pathfinder Platinum
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you saying this is happening every time you enter the vehicle, starts beeping as soon as you close the door and until you start the engine?
It should only sound when you turn off the engine, open the driver's door and then close it with the key fob inside.
That's correct, every time I get in the car to drive somewhere (key fob in my pocket or cup holder), once I close the door it sounds the warning. It continues sounding even if I try to start the engine quickly to down out the annoying noise.

·
Registered
2013 Pathfinder Platinum
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are there any warning messages on the dash like it might think a door is open, or trunk?
No warning messages are displayed. Maybe there's a sensor indicating whether a driver is in the seat or not that has stopped working?

·
Registered
2013 Pathfinder Platinum
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm really at a loss for how to correct this. Does anyone have any suggestions? I'd prefer not to bring it to the dealership for something like this.

·
Registered
2013 Pathfinder Platinum
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think we would have to hear the sound to help with this.
I would need to record and upload an audio clip, since I can't find one online. It's the warning chime that sounds when exiting the vehicle, closing the door with the intelligent key fob left inside the cabin (as mentioned by jman). Starting once the drivers door is closed, it's a fast paced beeping that lasts about 5 seconds.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts