Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow Pathfinders...I wanted to post this because I just had a third friend of mine buy a Nissan and not realize he was eligible for the VPP discount program.

For those of you who do not know, Nissan/Infiniti extends a VERY good discount to several groups of people, some of which are identified as "Business Associates." If your company does any business with Nissan, even remotely, then you are probably eligible for this discount.

THe discount is FACTORY INVOICE less a few bucks. Plus, you are eligible for all incentives available at the time of purchase.

If you are lucky enough to be a "Top 150" business associate, Nissan runs promos that let you purchase at employee prices which are Factory Invoice less even MORE bucks.

I work for a company that is a Top 150 business associate. During the month of November, Nissan offered a special $2,000 below factory invoice promotion. Plus, NMAC financing had a special that gave you $1,000 cash back if you financed the car through them. My Plat Pre 4x4 was slightly less than $37k after all the discounts applied. It stickered at $45k.

So, in the hopes that I help SOMEONE take part in these seemingly little known discounts, keep this in mind when buying a Nissan/Infiniti. You can learn all about the program at Inside Nissan USA | Nissan and Infiniti Vehicle Purchase Program

After clicking on Model Pricing (top) and then Business Associates, there is a place to look up to see if your company is involved in the program. Trust me, there are more companies in this than you might think. (Be diligent in your searching, I have found the search feature to be pretty crummy at matching search term to company name.)

There are also discounts on the Nissan Warranty programs for VPP members.

To get the discount, get a claim code from the web site and take it to the dealer. He'll see it as "D-PLAN" pricing. There is absolutely NO negotiation on these discounts/pricing. I have purchased every Nissan I have owned over 15 years this way and it makes buying a car a wonderful experience.

Anyway, I hope this helps someone out there.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I purchased my PF using VPP .Our company where i work is in the Top 150 business associate as mentioned by AtlantaX. I got a very great deal and happy with my purchase.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Is this factory invoice the 'INVOICE' price that you see on Edmunds and other sites. You see the MSRP and then they should you the 'invoice' price? If it is I dont think this discount would help me much in that I paid thousands under the invoice price?

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is this factory invoice the 'INVOICE' price that you see on Edmunds and other sites. You see the MSRP and then they should you the 'invoice' price? If it is I dont think this discount would help me much in that I paid thousands under the invoice price?
The only way someone outside of a program like this can pay thousands below "dealer invoice" - the amount the dealer pays Nissan for the vehicle - is if Nissan is currently offering some type of incentive - usually to move inventory. It's a subsidy.

People negotiate thousands below "sticker" all day long because the sticker is MSRP. Rarely can you get a dealer down to his invoice (usually you can get to within a couple hundred dollars) and you don't get lower unless there are the above mentioned incentives by Nissan that they pass on.

VPP is a built-in, below factory invoice price - no negotiating necessary. Plus you get all of the available incentives as well.

Example:
MSRP: $40,000 (on the sticker, what people see as the price of the car)
Invoice: $35,000 (what the dealer pays Nissan for the car, not published - but it is widely available on some sites)
VPP: $34,800

In the above example, you might negotiate the dealer to $36,000, for example, and therefore save "thousands of dollars" but with VPP you go further and you don't have to negotiate it.

And if there is an incentive, those numbers pass through on both - so using the made up example above, maybe there is a $1,000 factory incentive. Then you would drop your negotiated price down to $35,000 which is GREAT as it's "at invoice", but VPP customers would be down at #33,800.

Does that make sense? The intent of the program, per Nissan, is to give you the lowest price possible without having to negotiate it.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
VPP would be very nice. Lucky of you who can get it.

Very good deal.

How much did the pathfinder end up being if you don't mind me asking?

·
Registered
81 Posts
The only way someone outside of a program like this can pay thousands below "dealer invoice" - the amount the dealer pays Nissan for the vehicle - is if Nissan is currently offering some type of incentive - usually to move inventory. It's a subsidy.

People negotiate thousands below "sticker" all day long because the sticker is MSRP. Rarely can you get a dealer down to his invoice (usually you can get to within a couple hundred dollars) and you don't get lower unless there are the above mentioned incentives by Nissan that they pass on.

VPP is a built-in, below factory invoice price - no negotiating necessary. Plus you get all of the available incentives as well.

Example:
MSRP: $40,000 (on the sticker, what people see as the price of the car)
Invoice: $35,000 (what the dealer pays Nissan for the car, not published - but it is widely available on some sites)
VPP: $34,800

In the above example, you might negotiate the dealer to $36,000, for example, and therefore save "thousands of dollars" but with VPP you go further and you don't have to negotiate it.

And if there is an incentive, those numbers pass through on both - so using the made up example above, maybe there is a $1,000 factory incentive. Then you would drop your negotiated price down to $35,000 which is GREAT as it's "at invoice", but VPP customers would be down at #33,800.

Does that make sense? The intent of the program, per Nissan, is to give you the lowest price possible without having to negotiate it.

Ok, I went out on Edmunds and typed in my ride with options:

MSRP came out to $39, 820 (exactly what is on my window sticker)

It said the INVOICE was $36, 237 dollars

I paid $34, 237 plus TTL OTD

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Is Nissan one of the few brands with this program? Noticed military gets discount too.
No, my company has similar programs with Ford, GM, Chrysler, Mercedes, BMW, and several others. They all have similar programs - some are more "complex" and some are simple.

And yes, there is usually a military program discount as well.

I've seen them use this program for "special" situations. For instance, if you live in the path of SuperStorm Sandy - Nissan allowed residents to replace their vehicles on A-Plan pricing (employee). Very nice.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I bought a platinum premium 4 x 4with a VPP. My VPP was only $1500 under invoice plus $500 factory incentive. I ended up paying $40k after TTL.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts