Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased my 22 Platinum Pathfinder on 12/1/2022. The day I took it home, it was a windy plus; where I live, there is a lot of traffic due to the holidays, so driving it on the highway at an optimal speed was impossible. Over the weekend, I could get on the road and notice a vibration from the front end that vibrates to both driver and passenger seats and the center console. The vibration is noticeable between 65 mph to 80 mph. So I immediately called my sales guy, who could get me in for service to look at on 12/7/2021.

Tech claims the vibration was due to wheel road force 1 of 2 tires were too high, over 20, so they could get one under 20, and the one they couldn't, they claimed they replaced. So I picked up the vehicle, and the car was doing the same thing, so I called service and scheduled another appointment for the following week, 12/14/201.

This time the service manager claimed the vehicle had sat on a port since August of 2021, which I believe to be a lie since when I ran my VIN, it said it was made in Tennessee, USA. Still, I am at their mercy, so he also claims that my vehicle tires have flat spots. He claims they checked the car, and there is no mechanical issue, so he believes this is the issue. However, the dealer does not warranty tires as he claimed on a new vehicle when I bought it had 11 miles on the odometer. Of course, I was pissed.

I got a call that my tires were in, and I could come and have them put on; so eager to resolve this issue, I left work and headed to the dealership. I called Nissan Corp., who confirmed what the service manager told me they do not warranty tires; however, they would send me over to the Bridgestone warranty department, which they did after brief negotiations, and agreed to replace the tires. So I had the tires shipped to the service department at the dealership on 12/22/2021. Tires were installed after a 3-hour wait, so I got the vehicle back on the road, and the same thing happened with vibration at highway speeds.

So I called my sales guy and asked to be pulled out of the car, which now you learn who you are dealing with claims he can't, and I would have to call Nissan Corp., So I called started a claim this was before the holidays. I got a call back from Nissan Corp. on 1/4/2023; it must be the middle man was not the engineer's claims; according to the service manager and engineer who was dealing with the issue over the phone when my vehicle was in for service, the car is driving the way it's supposed to I asked how would you or the engineer would know that neither of you had driven the vehicle, disgusted with the call I ended it before I said something I would regret.

After a few minutes to clear my head, I called Nissan Corp. back; this time, I spoke with another person. I explained my situation again and told him that if Nissan Corp. refused to send someone to look at it and fix it, I would have no choice but to file a lemon law claim. Of course, the gentlemen's demeanor changed; he claimed he would find another engineer to deal with the issue, and I would get a callback. So I'm waiting for a callback.

· Registered
23 SL deep ocean blue pearl
89 Posts
Wow , thats a lot to go thru with a brand new vehicle. Do they have any idea whats wrong with it other than the tires? I would look into a lemon law buy back deal . Good luck with it. It seems like these large car companies care little about consumer relations or customer satisfaction anymore (if they ever did).

· Registered
157 Posts
I purchased my 22 Platinum Pathfinder on 12/1/2022. The day I took it home, it was a windy plus; where I live, there is a lot of traffic due to the holidays, so driving it on the highway at an optimal speed was impossible. Over the weekend, I could get on the road and notice a vibration from the front end that vibrates to both driver and passenger seats and the center console. The vibration is noticeable between 65 mph to 80 mph. So I immediately called my sales guy, who could get me in for service to look at on 12/7/2021.

Tech claims the vibration was due to wheel road force 1 of 2 tires were too high, over 20, so they could get one under 20, and the one they couldn't, they claimed they replaced. So I picked up the vehicle, and the car was doing the same thing, so I called service and scheduled another appointment for the following week, 12/14/201.

This time the service manager claimed the vehicle had sat on a port since August of 2021, which I believe to be a lie since when I ran my VIN, it said it was made in Tennessee, USA. Still, I am at their mercy, so he also claims that my vehicle tires have flat spots. He claims they checked the car, and there is no mechanical issue, so he believes this is the issue. However, the dealer does not warranty tires as he claimed on a new vehicle when I bought it had 11 miles on the odometer. Of course, I was pissed.

I got a call that my tires were in, and I could come and have them put on; so eager to resolve this issue, I left work and headed to the dealership. I called Nissan Corp., who confirmed what the service manager told me they do not warranty tires; however, they would send me over to the Bridgestone warranty department, which they did after brief negotiations, and agreed to replace the tires. So I had the tires shipped to the service department at the dealership on 12/22/2021. Tires were installed after a 3-hour wait, so I got the vehicle back on the road, and the same thing happened with vibration at highway speeds.

So I called my sales guy and asked to be pulled out of the car, which now you learn who you are dealing with claims he can't, and I would have to call Nissan Corp., So I called started a claim this was before the holidays. I got a call back from Nissan Corp. on 1/4/2023; it must be the middle man was not the engineer's claims; according to the service manager and engineer who was dealing with the issue over the phone when my vehicle was in for service, the car is driving the way it's supposed to I asked how would you or the engineer would know that neither of you had driven the vehicle, disgusted with the call I ended it before I said something I would regret.

After a few minutes to clear my head, I called Nissan Corp. back; this time, I spoke with another person. I explained my situation again and told him that if Nissan Corp. refused to send someone to look at it and fix it, I would have no choice but to file a lemon law claim. Of course, the gentlemen's demeanor changed; he claimed he would find another engineer to deal with the issue, and I would get a callback. So I'm waiting for a callback.
Couple of other people on this forum had similar issue. This thread might be helpful:

· Registered
24 Posts
I purchased the 22 platinum. First time on the highway had a vibration. 12 miles on it. Went back to dealer. They checked balances and said all well. Where I live there is a shop that specifically deals with rim repairs road force balancing. Most dealers road force your tire once and say it’s good. This place I deal with will run road force up to 5 times. After 3rd time and tire heats up it always comes out of balance. Long story short, he did mine , vehicle has been great , much better than when purchased new.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Couple of other people on this forum had similar issue. This thread might helpful:

ThanK you this was very helpful

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow , thats a lot to go thru with a brand new vehicle. Do they have any idea whats wrong with it other than the tires? I would look into a lemon law buy back deal . Good luck with it. It seems like these large car companies care little about consumer relations or customer satisfaction anymore (if they ever did).
I believe they do a member in this thread left a link seems several people have experience this but I haven’t seen anyone response what the dealer said it was just that they were going thru either Nissan or lemon law.

· Registered
40 Posts

So any update on this?

· Registered
49 Posts
You’re saying when you switched tires the vibration was exactly the same?

I’ve never personally experienced that.

Did you rotate the tires to see if you could feel or hear a change before you put new tires on?

· Registered
22 Posts

I wish you the best of luck with this and hope this getting uglier situation gets rectified.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So any update on this?
So far dealing with Nissan who will not buy the car back so I’ve contacted the BBB I also tried taking it to another dealership once they found out I was at another dealership refuse to work on it which is a breach of contract. Last resort before a lawyer is I will write the owner of the dealership as he maybe not aware that my family currently has 9 Nissan from his dealership and if the problem isn’t resolved we will take our business somewhere else.

· Registered
40 Posts
If they are saying it rides normal why won’t they take it back, or let you trade it for something else? Don’t waste your time with letters. It’s not personal it’s business. You have to start getting nasty and leaving negative online reviews/ social media/FB, extra. Start naming names. My wife once went into the dealership once and started taking pics of the unhelpful sales people. They didn’t like that but it created a scene all right. Personally I would stand out by where the sales people are and dissuade anyone that tried to buy a new car. I’m crazy like that… These people are slugs and don’t care until it hits their bottom line.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts