Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my 2022 Pathfinder for around a year. Within the last month, my A/C has begun making a loud sound that sounds almost like a loud hissing / blowing but also swells repeatedly between loud and slightly less loud. It stops almost instantly when turning off the A/C. I'm going to make an appointment to bring it in, but I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this?

·
Registered
2022 SL AWD Build Date Mar 2022
337 Posts
Hi @justishar and thanks for posing the question.
I have only had my 2022 PathfinderSL since March 30 2022, with just under 3000 miles on it. I've been through this summer season and have not heard any kind of noise like you've described.
I'm hopeful others in the community will chime in with their experiences too.

·
Registered
2022 Nissan Pathfinder (SL) FWD (04/22)
409 Posts
No issues like that either approaching 6k miles on my PF.

I think we've commented on other threads that using the outside air option seems to push a lot more air into the cabin, way more compared to the R52 model year it seems. But nothing like what you're describing.

We've seen reports of a limited campaign on specific R53 VINs for the A/C lines that need to be replaced. Maybe it's related? They should be able to tell you if your VIN is part the campaign.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies everyone... It turns out that my A/C compressor was failing, and the dealer replaced it under warranty. Now, my only remaining problem with the HVAC is that sometimes the control unit seems to get confused when in "auto" mode and seems to require a reboot to start working again. More of an annoyance, but it would be great to get that resolved at some point.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts