Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the instrument panel, the vehicle information screen always displays a gas icon (I'm guessing is distance to empty), the 4x4 mode, and outdoor temp.

Two issues I'm having with my screen... On the trip odometer page, there are 4 things showing: Under the Average column it has MPG and MPH. Under the driving column it has something with miles, and some sort of clock? What is that column supposed to be indicating? This YOU TUBE video says its time driven since last reset and also distance to empty. I just filled up my tank and the distance to empty says 150miles on this screen. (Yet, it says 388 miles) on the top bar of the vehicle information screen. Also, when they say "last reset," what does that mean? The last factory reset, or the last trip reset? I've reset both trip A and trip B, and the information shown on the odometer display from the vehicle info screen has not changed or reset, it still remains that same. I've even reset fuel economy through the nav, but that has no change on the vehicle info screen on the instrument panel.

Secondly, I've put about 170 total miles on the car so far and would expect to have about 250+ miles left on the tank, which is what the car was appropriately indicating. Today, I parked on a slight hill and when I turned on the car, the distance to empty said 400 miles all the sudden and the gas gauge was on full. I figured it was because the gas was leaning on the sensor. After driving for 15 minutes, the fuel gauge needle finally stabilized, but distance to empty stayed just under 400. Anyone else see something similar?

I was a little worried about the gas part, so I went ahead and filled up the tank again. We're now indicating 388 and full tank on the needle gas gauge. *sigh*

·
Registered
9 Posts
When on the "info" screen that has all the various MPG, avg speed, etc measurements you can hold down the "next screen" button for 2 seconds and it will reset all of those. It's something I do at every fill up so I know how I did on MPG each tank.

Reactions: cwa107

·
Registered
19 Posts
Does anyone know how to display audio in the vehicle information display. Owners handbook says its in main menu but all I get is fuel mileage and trip

·
Registered
47 Posts
The owners manual is wrong. I had a long talk with Nissan consumer affairs. The advanced drivers display in the pathfinder does not show audio information nor caller id info like the display in the Altima.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The owners manual is wrong. I had a long talk with Nissan consumer affairs. The advanced drivers display in the pathfinder does not show audio information nor caller id info like the display in the Altima.
What was the result of your long talk? Are they going to fix it? Its also advertised on the website along with a picture that says "Hands Free Text Messaging." How do I do that?

ps. seems like a software update could get this done

·
Registered
47 Posts
They apologized, said the owners manuals were printed before vehicle was finalized and send me a $250 gift card. I'm still not happy as the radio info and caller id on the advanced display were features i wanted and was told that the vehicle had prior to purchase.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thanks...I spent countless hours in the garage trying to figure this out...well I will be giving them a call.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I just got a call from nissan consumer ...and they said there is a update for the pathfinder that will allow audio and phone info to appear on the dash display .....you have to take to the dealer for them to do a simple upgrade at no charge.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just got a call from nissan consumer ...and they said there is a update for the pathfinder that will allow audio and phone info to appear on the dash display .....you have to take to the dealer for them to do a simple upgrade at no charge.
Do you have any more information on this? Has anyone had this done? Thanks!

·
Registered
19 Posts
nissan consumer affairs called me back today to let me know the dealer has the update and scheduled the appointment for me. Ill be taking it in next weekend to have the update done. The service department said it would take 45 minutes to complete the update.

·
Registered
19 Posts
he suppost to call me back tomorrow to follow up ....ill get his info and contact info and post tomorrow so you can get yours in.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Did Nissan call you back? Did you have the update performed? Very curious on this

·
Registered
11 Posts
My dealer only said it was a miss print in regards to the audio being available on the dash info screen. He never said anything about an update or if it will ever be available.

·
Registered
47 Posts
That is what I was told as well by my dealer and Nissan but this was back in early November. I am curious if there really is an update.

·
Registered
19 Posts
im taking it in on saturday at 9am so i will post after that.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Nissan told me that not all the dealers have the update yet....All The nissan dealers here in the the valley except for 2 are owned by the same person. So im gessing most of those have it as i was told by Nissan Consumer affairs

·
Registered
11 Posts
So there is for sure an update for the audio feature, but not all dealerships have it available yet?

·
Registered
19 Posts
So I am told I'm going in the morning at 9am ill know for sure then

·
Registered
19 Posts
well after 2hours sitting at the dealer ....i was told that the update only applies to models that have navigation!

·
Registered
11 Posts
That information would have been great to know before I bought one without navigation but not a deal breaker.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts