Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Product arrived scratched & bent, no install instructions included.

Install was a b*tch, bar was about 3inches wider than the brackets, stuck out 6-8inches past the bumper with the first set of holes. Had to cut the ends off the brackets to get to the rear set of holes - that snugged it up close enough to the bumper that I can't fit a finger between the bumper & bar.

In the end - it turned out pretty nice!

·
Super Moderator
2013 Pathfinder SL, Connecticut, USA
4,285 Posts
Looks good! The only issue is that the vibration is likely to wreck the paint on the bumper where it butts up. You might want to glue a piece of rubber there to prevent it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There's about a half-inch of gap there (can't really tell it from the pictures) - if I vibrate that much, I'll be needing motor mounts! ?

·
Registered
40 Posts
What does that front guard do? Is it to protect if you run into someone's back? Certainly, it's not going to make any difference in a head on. Just curious. Maybe I should get one too.

·
Super Moderator
2015 Pathfinder SL - Tech 4WD
2,412 Posts
What does that front guard do? Is it to protect if you run into someone's back? Certainly, it's not going to make any difference in a head on. Just curious. Maybe I should get one too.
Those are more for looks, to mount a light bar or to deter people from pushing your car in parking lots/streets (many vehicles in New York have these).

·
Registered
28 Posts
There's about a half-inch of gap there (can't really tell it from the pictures) - if I vibrate that much, I'll be needing motor mounts! ?
you can use the foam strip from Home Depot to prevent the bumper from scratches.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Made a spacer & put it under the front of the mounting bracket - changed the overall angle pretty well.

I had cut the small notch you see below when I first mounted the bar, but after the spacer - no notch needed.

Camera angles can be tricky when focusing on small measurements - it appears to be much lower, but is actually only about 3/4" further down.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts