Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
I tried to search here in the forum and also google, but couldn’t find a full clear info on proper usage of the floor jack with PF 2015+
Just replaced my winter tires and used a floor jack for a first time to save time and my back :)
So for the rear side it was pretty easy to find a middle point to lift the back of the car, attaching some pics to show the location.

Unfortunately , for the front of the vehicle, I couldn’t find any spot to safely lift the whole front... had to lift it using the standard side locations..
Does anyone tried to use any specific spot on the front side? Would be helpful for a next time.
Tools: 3t Husky floor jack
pics of rear side:

·
Super Moderator
2013 Pathfinder SL, Connecticut, USA
4,581 Posts
There are two notches in the frame member right behind the front wheels. I usually put a small 2x4 block on my jack to protect the metal and jack from there.

It is not safe to use a floor jack without jack stands to lift the entire front or rear of the vehicle. Better to operate on one wheel at a time.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks,
I didn’t mention that, but I did use a jack stands once the whole back of the car is lifted and the front wheels were blocked with wheel chocks. Obviously using floor jack only is not safe, especially if the driveway is not flat.

·
Registered
2019 Pathfinder S
22 Posts
Hi everyone,
I tried to search here in the forum and also google, but couldn’t find a full clear info on proper usage of the floor jack with PF 2015+
Just replaced my winter tires and used a floor jack for a first time to save time and my back :)
So for the rear side it was pretty easy to find a middle point to lift the back of the car, attaching some pics to show the location.

Unfortunately , for the front of the vehicle, I couldn’t find any spot to safely lift the whole front... had to lift it using the standard side locations..
Does anyone tried to use any specific spot on the front side? Would be helpful for a next time.
Tools: 3t Husky floor jack
pics of rear side:
View attachment 15961
View attachment 15962
I found some info elsewhere for lifting the front [don't remember where] and placed the [padded] jack on the larger flat metal area just inboard of the lower control arms. Worked for me. Harbor Freight has universal jack stand pads to use when placing stands under the notches in the side rails. The problem is when getting started there isn't much clearance to operate the jack handle. Your rear lift position is correct.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts