Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone looked into replacing the headlight bulbs in a 17-18 with the LED ones from 19?
I just rented an 19 SL and it had LED bulbs. I should have opened the hood to see if it is just a head light or if there is a power supply also.

Thanks!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a 2017 that came with the factory LED headlights. Under the hood it looks to be just a bulb. I looked at the parts catalog and I don't see any additional parts available for the LED system...it even looks like all 2017's share the same headlight housing. Will it make a big difference? Maybe...maybe not. I have several late model Chevrolet's with halogen headlights. Replacing those bulbs with a high end Halogen such as SilverStars was a huge improvement over the original equipment bulbs. They perform as good, if not better, than the LED bulbs in my Pathfinder. On wet roads at night when the light is absorbed, the drop off in performance is more noticeable with the LED's. This is my observation based on my own experience; If I was upgrading headlights, I would consider replacing the LED's. One advantage to the Pathfinder is that I won't have to dissemble the vehicle to change a headlight bulb.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I read somewhere that Halogen bulbs lose brightness over time so a new bulb, even the same bulb, will look brighter than an old bulb if compared side by side. I would agree that some of the higher end halogens like SilverStars are good and woud be better than the stock halogen but they have a lower life span. I switched out my highs, lows and fogs with 6000K colored LEDs. They appeared to be at least as good as the halogens in a 1 year old Pathfinder and I really like the white color. I personally would prefer a 5500K color and I think they would better match the DRL but the 6000K is close. I went the cheap route and got $25/bulb bulbs on Amazon. Good throw and cutoff on lows. I am happy with the resuts.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I don't think there is much change between 2017 and 2018 but I do have an SV not an SL. I think the 5000-5500K will match better than 6000K but I am happy with the 6000K. Better than the yellow look of the halogen bulbs.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts