Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It‘s 2020 and we still can’t find an upgraded replacement for my SV trim stereo/Bluetooth/backup camera. All I want to do is be able to plug my phone in and use the apps (Spotify, Pandora, etc.) and GPS. Every solution has me putting the new screen down low (pretty dumb for navigation purposes) and having to keep the existing screen (I believe due to AC controls) up top. I am seriously considering upgrading the whole **** truck! SOMEBODY has to have a solution for this!!!!!

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Pathfinder SV 4x4
621 Posts
Cg2020, I am so NOT a techno wizard with this stuff, so forgive me, but if all you want to do is use some apps, can't you stream them from your phone to the stock head unit in the pathfinder with blue tooth?

I don't get to use our 2019 often, but I find the audio and HVAC screens and controls extremely cumbersome. Not my cup of tea at all.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I do not know if a 2016 is different than my 2017, so if it is.....disregard everything after this and sorry.
2017 has Bluetooth so you can stream any audio into the truck from android or Apple easily.

The PF has its own GPS but it does not allow for live updates unless you buy the Sirius XM subscription(I have not tried this). subscription(Never tried it).

The Radio in the 2017 has one of the 3 main computers in it. I had mine replaced in the first few months and it was a few thousand $. The radio computer contained the Bluetooth portion of the computer, I think they told me, but may be wrong.

You cannot simply port video to the front monitor for safety reasons and Nissan does its best to prevent you from scamming a way to do this. Thier are article that purport they have found ways around it. There are also people that know how to fly the space shuttle.....It was very complex and expensive. Being that the Radio cost a fortune and is critical to the operation of the PF, I was not going there.

I have seen posts about people that try and suggest super natural ways to do this, but when you follow them...I have never seen a practice success.

Can't wait to see any great suggestions.

You will probably find the Murano offers the things you like, like apple and Android CarPlay. When I bought my PF, PF still did not offer these features.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cg2020, I am so NOT a techno wizard with this stuff, so forgive me, but if all you want to do is use some apps, can't you stream them from your phone to the stock head unit in the pathfinder with blue tooth?

I don't get to use our 2019 often, but I find the audio and HVAC screens and controls extremely cumbersome. Not my cup of tea at all.
I can connect the phone through Bluetooth for calls but it will not allow me to stream music. No matter what I have tried.

Through exhaustive research I have found that there are units sold internationally that fulfill my needs allowing for Android and iPhone connections. Apparently these upgrades allow for use of the phone Maps programs as well as Bluetooth streaming. I contacted with the Chinese manufacturer who connected me with an importer. They are looking for a shop that will install it near me. We shall see.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I use a cheap blue tooth that plugs in to 12v usb & or cigarette lighter then a mini pin to RCA to the pathfinders system under the arm rest, connection is blue tooth from my phone for the music/podcasts etc Had it for 2+ years, cheap & works great Use quality cables (mini pin to RCA) not the .99 cent store stuff
(wasn't ready to put in a full system yet)

·
Registered
244 Posts
I was just about to tell you the same thing tejas just said. I purchased a Bluetooth adapter that goes in the center console and that streams all of my audio through the stereo system whether it be GPS or music or my phone calls. Since we don't have the same Bluetooth feature as the 2017's, this is pretty much the most simple fix I have found without having to replace my stock radio. Your second option would be going for the Tesla screen which you can find in another thread here in the forum. But for me honestly, the Bluetooth adapter works just fine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 17 SL with nav and 360 cam. Metra has a kit that splits the nav/cam out of the radio, you have to run 2 screens.

Phoenix Auto makes a 13" Android radio. But then with ALL android radios, you lose Sirius and get an internal GPS (doesn't use factory).

So Nissan wants to be VERY protective and keep it all in house.

·
Registered
8 Posts
It‘s 2020 and we still can’t find an upgraded replacement for my SV trim stereo/Bluetooth/backup camera. All I want to do is be able to plug my phone in and use the apps (Spotify, Pandora, etc.) and GPS. Every solution has me putting the new screen down low (pretty dumb for navigation purposes) and having to keep the existing screen (I believe due to AC controls) up top. I am seriously considering upgrading the whole **** truck! SOMEBODY has to have a solution for this!!!!!
Cg2020
I have a 2016 SV and had the same problem. I found a Flat, folding phone holder on Amazon, mounted it center above the car display. Also bought a Bluetooth adaptor (Amazon) called "firefly" which plugs into to the usb in the console. Once it pairs with your phone (and car), it automatically connects to the car AND the phone once the ignition is on, just like factory. It has a male 3.5mm plug. Got a FEMALE 3.5mm to RCA plugs y adaptor, plugged that into the audio jacks in the console. Downloaded Android Auto for phone screens from Google play, (think it's on Apple's app store too). Set the app to connect automatically and open upon entering the car. The phone becomes a touch screen Nav/audio substitution, sits high so your eyes are on the road. Total expenditure $50.00. It's been in the car a year now, works flawlessly. See Pix. Bonus, the Firefly has an Led an it's end that lights up when on, so it provides light in the console at night!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2013 Pathfinder SL, Connecticut, USA
4,373 Posts
There was another thread that mentioned that product.

I just may give that a try. Certainly an inexpensive solution.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts