Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are improvements to the new 2014 Nissan Pathfinder. This includes a new hybrid model, a new SL Tech Package featuring Bose 13-speaker Premium Audio System, Nissan Navigation System, Voice Recognition, XM NavTraffic and Nav Weather capability, Zagat Survey Restaurant Guide, Bluetooth Streaming Audio and 8-inch color touch-screen monitor.

So nothing major, unless you are getting the hybrid of course.

Here are the new MSRPs for the Nissan Pathfinder 3.5-liter V6:

Pathfinder S 2WD $28,850 USD
Pathfinder SV 2WD $32,110 USD
Pathfinder SL 2WD $35,050 USD
Pathfinder Platinum 2WD $39,750 USD
Pathfinder S 4WD $30,450 USD
Pathfinder SV 4WD $33,710 USD
Pathfinder SL 4WD $36,650 USD
Pathfinder Platinum 4WD $41,350 USD
Destination and Handling $860

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Apparently the 2014 model is supposed to get better MPG's, hoping this is true, real world numbers should eventually prove this true or false.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
$200 increase isn't too bad at all, some car makers increases prices more than that from model year to model year. I bet when it comes time for a mid-cycle refresh we can expect a much higher price increase

·
Registered
192 Posts
The thing to really pay attention to is the release of the Pathfinder Hybrid. That is where all the media focus is. Do we have a thread about that yet?

Are any of you guys disappointed that you bought the Pathfinder before the hybrid version came out?

·
Registered
80 Posts
I am holding out for the hybrid, but I wouldn't be surprised if they price it as a 'premium' feature, in which case I'll get the regular version. The literature implies that the hybrid option will only be available on fully loaded SV and SL models and will cost an extra $3k. And as a premium model, I don't think dealers will give as many discounts on hybrids as they do on regular v6's which will make the math even worse.

If my math is right, it will take at least 5 years to pay for itself, so it would be dumb to lease a hybrid, and buying one is also kind of risky due to all the new tech and my propensity to change cars every few years.

I'll still wait till it comes out before making the decision - as an early adopter I am kind of excited about the tech. But I'd say if you got a really good deal on a regular pathfinder and like the car, there is nothing to regret.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I find that no matter what cars are out at one time, I am always waiting for the next one to come out. Better design, better technology, better efficiency, etc.

Cars are like computers, they go out of date incredibly quickly.

I agree that the hybrid Pathfinder likely won't be worth the money unless you are planning on keeping it for quite some time. And there will likely be more efficient hybrid vehicles that come out a few years from now. Some people will be kicking themselves wishing that they had waited longer for the better tech, design, etc...

·
Premium Member
1,066 Posts
Are any of you guys disappointed that you bought the Pathfinder before the hybrid version came out?
Nope. Supercharger and electric motor aside, I can not imagine a vehicle of this size and weight with a 4-cylinder. I'm sure under normal driving conditions it's probably fine.... but going up a mountain road or pulling a trailer, there's no way that 4-cylinder is going to be able to keep this car out of its own way. Just my $0.02.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just think that with these larger hybrid vehicles the extra fuel efficiency from being hybrid isn't as drastic as with smaller cars. Consequently, it takes a longer time driving the vehicle to start saving money from it. I would rather buy a smaller hybrid for commuting and such, and buy a regular gas powered SUV like the Pathfinder for family trips, or moving and the such.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I guess I have the opposite view - I would rather have a fun sports car for commuting (and make sure I avoid traffic by going in off-hours) without caring too much about gas. Going to work is the only time I drive by myself, so I want to enjoy it as much as possible (being a car nut).

The family/stuff hauler, which we use daily and put a lot of miles on would need to have as good a mileage as possible. I do have high hopes for the hybrid pathfinder - just hoping the pricing isn't too wacky.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Nope. Supercharger and electric motor aside, I can not imagine a vehicle of this size and weight with a 4-cylinder. I'm sure under normal driving conditions it's probably fine.... but going up a mountain road or pulling a trailer, there's no way that 4-cylinder is going to be able to keep this car out of its own way. Just my $0.02.
agreed. some complain the pathfinder is slightly underpowered.

the hybrid model only makes this matter worse.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts