Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our PF turned over 5000 miles and a change oil message popped up in the center (twinxt the tach and speed). Clearing it with the page button on the steering wheel brings up a tire rotate warning. I changed the oil at 500 miles and 2500 miles, and rotated through my snow tire set in the 5000, but sure, the computer doesn't know that.

I've looked everywhere, and can't read how to turn the warnings off. I thought I got them with the big screen information functions, but they keep coming back. I couldn't find anything in the manual. Is there some magic procedure? My Volvo XC70 requires several off steps, like turn the key to step 1, then push the trip reset, then turn the key to step 2 and release it within 2-5 seconds.

If it's obvious what to do, sorry for bugging everyone, but please tell me :)

·
Registered
70 Posts
I changed my oil the same as you did. I chose to use the reminders and just reset them to the number of miles until its next change. The instructions for this procedure are in the owners manual in section 4-21 to 4-23. It looks as though the "back" button must be pushed to accept the settings once you have them selected.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK, found it. We were sitting at the airport waiting for my son on a late flight, and I had time to monkey with everything. I found that I had to manupulate the "warnings" with the center display between the tach and speedo. When I reset the warnings with that UI, it worked.

·
Registered
70 Posts
OK, found it. We were sitting at the airport waiting for my son on a late flight, and I had time to monkey with everything. I found that I had to manupulate the "warnings" with the center display between the tach and speedo. When I reset the warnings with that UI, it worked.
Great! Glad that you had time to explore. I just went into the system to see how many miles were left before my next change and got a surprise. When my Nissan dealer replaced the torque converter for the judder issue, he wiped out the memory and reset all warnings to null. Kinda inconvenient for a convenience feature. Oh, well.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
pesky warnings :)

They gotta make the resets easier. I always forget and can never figure it out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts