Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There have been many negative posts regarding the transmission failure of the 2013 Pathfinder. However, not all owners have experienced this frustrating issue.
I thought it would be interesting to hear from those who've had a trouble free experience with their Pathfinders. Please include build date, purchase date and mileage.
Build date for my Pathfinder Platinum was April 2013. I purchased it on August 8th the and mileage is 475...so far, so good.:)

·
Registered
75 Posts
2013 Pathfinder SL (Silver/Black Leather). Build date 1/13 purchased 3/13. Currently 9k miles. Initally had the shutter/judder issue very seldomly, after two oil changes and tire roatation shutter has seem to go away. No service ... No computer update since time of purchase.

·
Registered
194 Posts
2013 Platinum Premium (Blue/Almond interiror). Build date 2/13, purchased 4/13. Put about 5000 on so far with no issues.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2013 Platinum (Dark Slate/Charcoal). Build date 02/13, purchased 05/24. Currently 6000 kilometres and have experienced 3 or 4 very minor shudders (wasn't sure if it was the vehicle or just the road), but none in the last 6 weeks.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Similar to tv news, good news is not very interesting. Unless your Pathfinder had a gold bar hidden in it or something, no problems with your PF is just not news at all. Great that some people have no problems, but there is little to actually discuss.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Thought I felt a very slight shudder right after delivery (5/31/13) but not sure. I think I was just paranoid after reading so much about it. Have had no problems since...4000 miles. Build date of 12/12

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
mr smith wrote:"Great that some people have no problems, but there is little to actually discuss."

Sometimes no news is good news.;)

·
Registered
35 Posts
2013 Pathfinder AWD Build Date 02/13 Purchased Late May 2013.

Have not felt the shudder/judder at all and currently at just under 3000kms
I'm paranoid now as well and am wondering if we should make them give us the new updated torque convertor anyway?

·
Registered
192 Posts
2013 Pathfinder AWD Build Date 02/13 Purchased Late May 2013.

Have not felt the shudder/judder at all and currently at just under 3000kms
I'm paranoid now as well and am wondering if we should make them give us the new updated torque convertor anyway?
I would probably wait it out. if the problem doesn't come up then you have nothing to worry about.

If you have plenty of spare time on your hands though you could call up or go to visit the dealership. I'm not sure if they will help you if there isn't actually a problem with the vehicle though.

·
Premium Member
124 Posts
Build 10/12 - bought June /13. Blue/almond SL 4x4. 1,100 miles no judder drives like a dream - although the dealer forgot to reduce fire pressure to recommended levels when I bought it and the car was driving rough at first. I've read 50,000 of these vehicles have been sold - and what about 1-2pct have the judder? I'm still paranoid now and every time I go over a crack in the road I freak out.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Build 10/12 - bought June /13. Blue/almond SL 4x4. 1,100 miles no judder drives like a dream - although the dealer forgot to reduce fire pressure to recommended levels when I bought it and the car was driving rough at first. I've read 50,000 of these vehicles have been sold - and what about 1-2pct have the judder? I'm still paranoid now and every time I go over a crack in the road I freak out.
Same here. Each tires was 45-50 psi when I bought it home.

·
Registered
36 Posts
6000 kms. Felt what I think may have been a shudder once (2000 kms). Can say the same about any new vehicle with reg transmission. My Ram 3500 shifted hard for the first 10,000 kms. Now smooth. Some times things just need to break in imo.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
6000 kms. Felt what I think may have been a shudder once (2000 kms). Can say the same about any new vehicle with reg transmission. My Ram 3500 shifted hard for the first 10,000 kms. Now smooth. Some times things just need to break in imo.
that's also what I discovered with my new vehicles. it's best to make the dealership aware of the problem so if and when something does break and cost a lot to fix, your not paying for it.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
good idea. people must think the pathfinder is a terrible car because all they read is problems. truth is - not everyone has them.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I was one who had no problems until 7k miles the I started getting this jerking sensation Only when slowly accelerating below 40 and then the shudder came. Shudder doesn't happen frequently but jerking happens all. The time. :(. Loss of power during jerking and shudder has slowly started happening more frequently since last 1k miles so why I took mine in finally.

·
Premium Member
124 Posts
They've sold over 50,000 vehicles...if everyone was having problems, then these forums would be overwhelmed. I think the CVT issue is limited, and the other problems even more limeted. I guess I'm an eternal optimist. I would like to know what percentage of 2013 PFs have the CVT issue...just so I can prepare myself mentally :) I have bookmarked the Lemon Law guidelines for California, Just In Case!

1 - 20 of 55 Posts