Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that with those who are experiencing major CVT issues, this may seem trivial, but the carpeting in the new Pathfinders seems more like glorified felt paper. Anyone else notice this?
The OEM floor mats which are made to look like berber carpeting are actually nicer than the supposed carpet its protecting.
In comparison, the OEM carpeting in my two older cars (65 Thunderbird, 91 Cadillac) is downright plush.
I'm still crazy about my 2013 Pathfinder, but feel they really went cheap on the carpet for a car listing for over $41,000.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I feel like most newer cars have this thin hard like carpet. I know what you mean by the older plush carpets found in older cars.

But honestly I don't even see my carpets.

WeatherTech floor mats are the way of the future.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I feel like most newer cars have this thin hard like carpet. I know what you mean by the older plush carpets found in older cars.
But honestly I don't even see my carpets.
WeatherTech floor mats are the way of the future.
I just can't fathom "weather-teching" carpet that's non existant.
Seriously...the carpet mats are nicer than the carpet itself.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I have had weathertecs in mine since day one. Carpeted floor mats is like having carpet in the bathroom .

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have had weathertecs in mine since day one. Carpeted floor mats is like having carpet in the bathroom .
I see your point, but I don't think that the carpeting the new Pathfinders come with, are worth shelling out Weathertec money for, unless you are looking to cover the subpar carpeting with something that looks better than the carpet itself.
The carpet mats are actually nicer than the carpet and will do the job nicely for me. :)

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
carpeted floor mats are still nice to have just not something you want when the weather gets bad out. carpeted mats just don't act like another accessory to beautify your interior but something that holds all the sand, grass, rocks, etc

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
carpeted floor mats are still nice to have just not something you want when the weather gets bad out. carpeted mats just don't act like another accessory to beautify your interior but something that holds all the sand, grass, rocks, etc
Weathertec mats do have their place during the winter months I suppose, but during the summer months nothings better and more comfortable to bare feet than a soft carpet mat.
Also...I just don't think the Weathertecs are very attractive. The only place I could see having a Weathertec mat year round is in the rear cargo area. ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts